Chapter 11

I had spent the day with Brooke and she left at night even though I offered her my guest room she said she'd sleepover some other day but not today. Maybe she's probably going to her girlfriend. I didn't even wanna ask her about that. I don't wanna know my employee's personal business.

Andy called telling me she wouldn't be able to come over because her wife's family was in town so she'd see me tomorrow if I come to work. When Brooke left I went ahead and went to sleep because the was nothing much to do around the house.

____

Morning came by very fast but I decided that I wasn't going to work once again today. I did my morning routine and got dressed in some leggings and a baggy shirt. I called Andy to inform her I wasn't coming to work even today and that I'd see her and her wife later. It's been long since I've seen Lisa and I must say I missed her. Last time I talked to her was at the event and her telling me she wanted to have a girls day with me but we postponed.

Right now I was in my sitting room with a bowl of cereal while I watched some cartoons. What was I gonna do today?? The sun is shining so it's probably a good day to go out to the park. I looked at the analogue clock on the wall and it read 13:35. I can still go out and enjoy the day.

I made my way upstairs to find something to wear to the park. I found a baby blue floral dress that was a bit long and paired it with black sandals. I'm on my 4th month and the dress was actually perfect and not tightening around my stomach. I grabbed one of my side bags and one hat. I made my way downstairs and met Maria there.

"Good afternoon Ma'am." She said with a genuine smile on her face. I smiled back. "How many times to I have to tell you that it's okay if you'd call me by Marissa only, please I'd appreciate it so much." I said making a fake pout. She giggled. "I'll try to but I keep forgetting." She said shrugging. I just shook my head smiling.

"I'm going to the park for the day because it looks like it's a nice day to go out for air. So I'll be back late maybe I'll pass by the market to get somethings and please don't bother cooking today." I said. She just nodded. I took my car keys and made my way to the garage. Got in the car and made my way to the park.

I got to the park and found a spot for my car to park. I got out of the car and grabbed my side bag. I made my way to one of the empty benches and got seated. I sighed while breathing in the warm wind passing by. I watched the toddlers chased each other giggling along themselves while. I sighed smiling.

I looked around and saw a lot of couples situated on picnic cloths with their children enjoying themselves. This could be Andrew and I. I was taken aback when I had a familiar laughter from behind me. I turned around and saw Brooke with Emily cosy again. I hope they don't see me, I hope they don't see me. Argghh they saw me and now they are coming towards me. Act cool Marissa, act cool.

"Hey Marissa." Brooke said. "Hey boss." Emily said smiling at me nervously. "Hey guys I didn't think y'all would be here." I said showing off my best smile. I wanted them to go away. I didn't come here to make small chats with them. I came here to enjoy myself. I wanted a day all to myself but it doesn't seem like I'm not gonna get that. Brooke gave herself a seat on the bench I was seated on.

"Hey sis I'll go check out the flower shop I'll be back okay?" Brooke just nodded smiling at Emily. Sis?? Did I hear her correctly or I'm becoming deaf?? It's probably a code name they use whenever in public. Brooke must have seen I confused I was when she suddenly spoke up, "You didn't know??" I nodded.

"I thought Andy told you when you hired her." She said to me. "Well I though she was your girlfriend of some sort." I said fidgeting with my acrylic nails. She just chuckled at my fidgeting. "Well now she's actually my younger sister and not my girlfriend." I just looked at her feeling embarrassment wash up inside me. I was quite dumb to actually dumb to jump into conclusions and not actually ask what was actually happening between them.

I feel disappointed in myself. I feel dumb to as to why didn't I just ask Brooke maybe she could have told me earlier than I wouldn't have overreacted the way I did and went ahead and drank the whiskey I found in Andrew's old office. "Hey Marissa are you okay??" I turned to look at Brooke. "Huh-Wha- Yeah I'm fine." I said showing off a grin. "I've been calling your name for a while now and it didn't seem as it you were hear with me, are you sure you okay??" She asked once again looking worried. "I'm fine I promise." I said smiling genuinely.

"Now, what were you saying??" I asked. "Well I was asking if we were still on for next week Tuesday??" I looked at her confused. What is supposed to happen next week Tuesday?? "What's happening next week Tuesday Brooke??" I asked confused. "The baby's appointment." Brooke said raising one of her perfect eyebrows up. Ohh. The baby's appointment. Now I remember. I had totally forgot about it.

"Ohh yeah no we are still on for the appointment I mean I completely forgot about it. It really slipped my mind." I said with a face palm. Brooke let out a soft chuckle. I looked her and smiled. She's cute. I admired her eyes that held nothing but the softness that she has in her. She slowly start moving close to me closing the gap between us.

She continued her action and was now very close to me. She slowly looked me in the eye and started leaning in. I was leaning in too. I could feel her minty breath. This was it. It was finally going to happen. We were about to kiss. Last lean and then BOOM, we kissing. I was about to lean in for the last time when we both heard a person clearing their throat. We both turned our heads to the direction of the person.

Emily was back. Why??! She literally ruined a perfect moment!! I cleared my throat and took my phone out of my bag. I checked the time. "Would you look at the time, time really flies hey. Oh well it was nice seeing you ladies both here but now I have to go somewhere though I'll see y'all around??" I said to both the women before me.

"I'll come by later on okay??" Brooke said. My face flushed. I looked at Emily and she just smirked at me. I stood up rushing to my car.

Embarrassing much!!