Chapter 26

Yoongi felt a bit out of place while having dinner with Hoseok's parents, it was strange, but not in a bad way.  It was strange because they knew him better than he knew himself.  They told him little anecdotes that he could not remember no matter how much he searched inside his head, and that irritated him a little ... So many beautiful memories that were vanished by the long nap of his wolf.

He wishes he could remember more;  Like that time Hoseok thought it was fun to paint his face while he was napping, or the time he tried to sneakily try to cook cookies for Hoseok and almost set his house on fire.

but he couldn't, at least not for now, it would take time, but he would take care of remembering all those little things to never let them go.

Meanwhile, he told the Jung's some things that happened while they were gone, for example: his brother's going to college and him crying for almost a whole week about it;  when Taehyung introduced himself as Omega and Jimin as Alpha on the same day;  when Jin tried to teach him how to bake a cake but it all ended up in a mess;  when he won his first free style competition;  and many, many things that he believed were worth telling.

And the Jung's listened to him, attentive, laughing, with bright eyes, with surprise;  then Yoongi no longer felt as strange and alien as before. His wolf stopped being so tense, much less when he felt Hoseok's hand squeeze it under the table.

They both looked at each other and everything felt perfect.

He was helping Mrs. Jung with the dishes when the house phone rang through the living room and Hoseok's sweet voice broke through, answering it.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Min. How are you? ... I'm fine, I'm glad that you too ... Yoongi? Yes, yes!  She already passed him on to him."

When Hoseok appeared in the kitchen with a phone in hand, Yoongi tried to hide that he hadn't been listening to the conversation.

"She's your mom, Hyung," he whispered as he handed him the phone and took his place next to hismother, "Go. I continue with the dishes."

Yoongi modulated a thank you with his lips and resisted the urge to put a short kiss on Hoseok's forehead as he grabbed the phone and walked into the living room.

"Yoonie?"

"Ma, hi.  All good?"

His mother let out a soft sigh from the other end of the line, as if hearing his voice had brought her an enormous calm.

"Yes darling.  I just wanted to know how you are, are you having a good time with the Jung's?" she asked, her voice a little strangled.

"Yes.  All good.  They are kind and they know me a lot" he exclaimed smiling as he walked around each corner of the room.

"Of course they do, they've known you since you were in my belly." She explained sweetly and after that a strange silence made its way between them.  Yoongi's wolf shook sadly suddenly and let out a small whimper while in his head there was only that: something is not right.

"Mom ... Is something happening? Why do I feel like you and dad are hiding something from me?"

His mother the moment she mentioned that "dad" made a strange, strangled sound.

"Sorry, puppy."

"Oh, mom. What happened?"

"Many things for one day. And I'm very tired of all this, sorry. You don't have to listen to me this way."

"Not bad to break sometimes, Mom. You can also trust me as much as I trust you, okay? I am no longer just a puppy."

His mother sobbed at him and Yoongi just wanted to be there to hug her, because few were the times that he heard or saw his mother break down in front of him.

"Many things are going to change for us, for our family.  And I'm scared.  So many things have already happened to us and now this" she complained shakily and Yoongi sat on one of the armchairs, tapping his legs with nerves." Your father, he ... He has a lot of grudge against his family, you know."

Oh yes, Yoongi thought, the subject must be very serious if she is talking about his paternal family. Since that was something forbidden to name in the family by order of her father and neither Hyunsoo nor he asked why.

"I should have been stronger on the subject, maybe they don't ..." She stopped.  She took a deep breath and continued once she blew out all the air at once. "Sorry, I wasn't supposed to tell you all this like that. Tomorrow ... Tomorrow I'll go find you so you can see what's going on, okay?"

"Okay," she agreed, feeling strange inside, like something was squeezing her chest.

"I am very proud of you, and I am very aware that you are no longer a puppy." she whispered, sniffing.

"I know, Mom.  And I'm proud of you too.  Tomorrow we are going to talk about all that, okay?"

"Yes.  But time let's change the subject, please.  And tell me how was everything with Hoseok. Is it official yet?"

His face turned all red.

"Not yet. We are getting to know each other again. In fact, we didn't even talk about it, it's ... I don't know.  He's my omega and I'm his alpha" he whispered, then gave a small, embarrassed groan. "I never said that, okay?"

His mother laughed on the other side and that made him smile.

"Hoseok didn't lose that, huh."

"What?"

"That ability to turn you all soft and now all corny." She joked and Yoongi just wanted to cut the call so that his dignity does not suffer more attacks (than someone who thinks about his swag, please. Has a reputation to maintain).

"Anyway, it's all right with him" she summed up hastily.

"When things calm down, we are going to invite him to dinner with the family, and may the Holy Moon have mercy on your soul because I have a good memory, a photo album and a very weak language to tell very funny anecdotes about little Min Yoongi."

"Please no.  Not that."

Hyorin laughed out loud and Yoongi could even see him, throwing his head back and straightening his hair so it wouldn't bother him.

"Well, then I'm not going to take more time, go back to Hoseok and be the alpha of him, because he is your omega" she whispered she amused and Yoongi hissed embarrassed "Good night son. Rest."

"Good night mom. See you tomorrow, please take care. Did you have something for dinner yet?"

Because Yoongi knew that his mother was not in the house.

"I'm on it, don't worry, here's for dinner."

He didn't ask where she was, he didn't want to ruin the little rush she was showing.

"Okay, eat well, okay?  I ... I love you, mom.  Goodnight."

When he ended the call he stared at the phone for several seconds until Hoseok appeared behind him and touched his back.

"You are sad," he said worriedly and Yoongi let out a small sigh.

Hoseok's hand began to put little caresses on his back and the wolf jerked inside him with need.  Because suddenly everything was very cold and Hoseok was the only thing that gave off warmth in the room.

"Can you hug me?"  he asked quietly, his voice cracking.

He did not have to repeat it twice, he felt the heat of the omega against his back and his arms working their way around his neck to surround him gently.

"Hyung" he felt a little kiss on the skin behind his ear and then the tip of a nose rubbing against that place.

His wolf snarled in satisfaction.  Because his omega was marking him, he was marking it with his scent.

His hand gripped Hoseok's arm and he closed his eyes in pleasure, allowing the warmth that Hoseok exuded to seep into the recesses of his being.

"Hyung, Hyung, Hyung" Hoseok's lips brushed the curve of his ear, sending shivers all over his body "I want to make a nest, Alpha."

And Yoongi couldn't help but growl loudly, with satisfaction.