Chapter 1

Hey people! Here's to a new start! I hope y'all enjoy this, It may not have many uploads, its more of a side project that I do along side my other story, Flames of Hope (Shameless self promotion!) But! Let the story begin!

'Life isn't fair, and it certainly isn't kind.'

That was something that Izuku Midoriya learned the hard way at an early age. The way filled with pain and anguish.

The bruises, burns and broken bones held testament to that.

And, it all started with one simple thing, a single sentence; one sentence said by a stout man with green goggles and a bushy moustache.

"You're Quirkless, Kid."

Quirkless?

It meant that he lacked something that had become a fundamental and integral part of society; A Quirk. A special power held within almost everyone, nearly 80% of people, and his lack of a quirk set him apart from the rest, made him an oddity in a world of oddities. He lacked Individuality.

Without a Quirk, it made him wrong. He was obsolete, a relic of a bygone age, he had become a lesser being in the eyes of others in a matter of seconds.

Quirks, meanwhile, gave rise to Heroes; people who could use their quirks to save people, and in doing so gained fame and glory along with massive amounts of money.

Only one, however, stood atop the rest, the best of the best, the champion among champions: All Might, number one hero and Symbol of Peace.

All Might's presence also caused something worse to grow; Discrimination.

Quirks became what was heroic and what wasn't. A powerful quirk that people understood was heroic and the weird, wacky but useful quirks fell into a villainous category, and the quirkless? They, well, they faced the worse discrimination imaginable. He was a lesser being, an ape compared to man.

And that showed in his treatment as he grew up.

Friends turned to bullies, teachers ignored him, he was completely left completely alone, isolated by everyone except his mother. The harsh environment bred hatred and distrust.

But, even his mother had her limits;

"Mommy? Can... Can I be a Hero like All Might?"

All he received was a hug and endless apologies.

"I'm so sorry Izuku...!"

'That's not what I needed to hear, Mom...'

Izuku though, throughout his abuse, never turned to that hatred, never gave into his anger, into fear. His heart, his soul, burned with boundless determination to help others, to be their hero, and he would, but not like he thought he would when he dreamed as a child.