Chapter 2

Hello again! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! It's a tad short, but still important! Also, the song above is Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush covered by Jonathan Young and Caleb Hyles!

"Aegis, what am I looking at?" A voice asked, clearly male and young, before another replied.

Hovering in the great expanse of nothingness and empty space, sat an odd ship. It had a curved front, with no clear window or glass, its surface was sleek with a void black metallic sheen with accents of deep forest green, and shaped funnily like an arrow.

"I-I do not know Operator. It appears to be some kind of natural Void Gate." This voice was distinctly robotic, and filled with exuberance and energy.

Humming, the first person - The Operator - prodded further.

"I thought only the Orokin could make and operate the gates using a Void Key and an Anchor, how has one appeared out of thin air?" Buzzing sounded off as Aegis answered hesitantly.

"My best guess is that the Orokin made a device to harness the Void to activate remote Void Gates."

The Operator gave another hum, then asked.

"Could you prepare Rhino Prime please, Aegis. Loadout A, if you would." With an affirmative tone, Aegis answered.

"Of course, Operator. Shall I prepare to bring Miny Might out of Hibernation, Operator?" The Operator chuckled.

"Yes, bring him out, he's good in a pinch."

Whirring could be heard inside the ship, distracting the Operator and stopping his meditation in the Void.

Long white hair waved about as he stood up, scratching the scar just below the metal eyepatch covering his left eye, his other eye shining bright emerald as he prepared his Void energy for Transference.

Stretching wide, the Operator walked out of his personal quarters and into the Transference Bay, shouting as he took his seat.

"Aegis, is Rhino ready for Transference?"

From the speakers, Aegis answered.

"Yes, you can begin Transference."

Transferring his conscious mind from his body into a biological war machine was a trip and a half but being in a Warframe was something he'd not give for anything.

Shaking his head, The Operator looked down at his hands, finding them to no longer be flesh but metallic with long claws instead.

Taking a step, it was deceptively silent for something of its size and height, and it walked with grace as it entered the cockpit, ready for travel. Across the comms system, The Operator asked quietly.

"Aegis, how are our supplies?"

Jollily, Aegis answered back.