Chapter 18

Hey hey hey! How are y'all? Sorry for taking a bit, i've been having some difficulties over on my end! Anyways, I gift you a long chapter as an apology! Sports Festival! I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! There's some big things going on! The song above is High, High Hopes, a cover by Jared Halley!

It was here.

The big day, the very start of the Sport's Festival.

Eyes from all around the world were glued to their screens, watching the main stadium of U.A, knowing of what was to come, watching as the ground, a pristine and clean cut of green grass split apart like a whirlpool, and out rose a mighty chalice, clad in ornate silver and engraved with the many flags of the world all on the surface, creating a beautiful work of masterful art.

The U.A Torch.

From the box, a familiar voice boomed, high energy and hyping the crowd up as they spoke.

"Welcome listeners, one and all!! To! The! U.A SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!!"

Cheers followed the announcement, hype growing as the voice continued.

"That's right! We're here at U.A! Hello to the crowd! My name's Present Mic! I'll be your commentator and host for this event! And today, I've even got a co-host! Say hi buddy!" Another voice sounded, tired and as dry as a desert.

"Hi."

An awkward pause followed before Present Mic continued as if nothing ever happened; the unenthused response, however, did nothing to quell the excitement or the spirit of the crowd as they cheered and hollered.

"YEAAHHHH! That's the spirit folks! This time around, we're beginning with a brilliant performance from our 3-C General Studies in tandem with our 2-F support course!!"

Following on from Present Mic's announcement, a diverse group marched onto the pitch, smiling and laughing as they moved in harmony with each other; they all wore a similar outfit, a plain if fancy white shirt, looking rather dishevelled and a neatly tied black tie. The group of sixteen quickly fell silent before microphones burst to life before them.

"High, high hopes~"

The group sang, filling the stadium with hope and joy as they sang a wonderfully composed acapella, their singing and music so in sync and harmony that it brought tears to the eyes of some. It was such a lovely performance.

After the end of the song drawled out, Present Mic clapped enthusiastically, his grin audible in his voice as he spoke.

"That was perfect, 'lil Listeners!" There was a slight pause.

"It was acceptable. Move on."

"Eh?! Come on Mr. 'Raser! It was better than acceptable! Isn't that right, my adoring crowd!"