Chapter 9

Heyy! I'm here once again! I hope ya haven't missed me! Tis been very busy recently, but i'm back writing again! Here's another chapter for ya! I hope ya enjoy! Anyways, the song above is a cover of Take me to Church, sang by Jonathan Young!

Tokoyami Fumikage is many things, an emo, a mutant, a 'monster' but at the end of the day, he's human.

He knows, understands, what it means to be a human, to think and feel, and to love and hate.

Yet, now, he also understands what it means to be inhuman. To be something beyond Humanity.

Bleary eyes blink open, a sudden wave of exhausted pain washed over his body and Tokoyami groaned, placing a hand to his forehead as he muttered aloud.

"What... Happened?"

Without needing an answer to his question, Tokoyami sank into the bed he was in as memories of the day slowly trickled in like a summer's rain, a sprinkle before the flood. He remembered...

All of a sudden, as the lights died in the corridors, his quirk spluttered, he felt something smash into his connection with Dark Shadow, quickly snatching the quirk's influence before it zoomed towards Tokoyami.

It was a vile sort of sorcery; blackest magics.

And yet it felt as sweet as a honey drizzled pancake his mother had made for him, warm and fluffy.

He felt it, whatever this otherworldly power was, latched onto his very spirit, expanding like a water balloon outwards, soon bursting from his skin was an uncontrollable fire, burning all in its way to consume whatever it could.

Knowing, feeling, how dangerous this energy was, Tokoyami acted quickly, he threw Ojiro out, informing him tensely.

"My partner, you must leave now! I am... losing control! Tell the others!"

The tailed boy clearly knew on an instinctive level what Tokoyami was talking about and called through the comms.

"Guys, we all need to get out of here!"

Ojiro managed to scale out of the window in time, but in the split second the boy had left, Tokoyami felt a pressure too much to bear, and before he could even attempt to contain it; it exploded.

It wasn't a typical explosion either, no this was worse. Blue light filled the room, ripping and tearing the stone and cement apart as liquid metal, somehow cool and cold to the touch crawled up Tokoyami's hands, dragging the boy to the room as his quirk was engulfed in the same material.

A light covered his eyes and in front of him was...

Himself?

No...