Part 8 - King's Fall.

A ship flies through the Warp. Outside, forces of chaos and evil exist, just out of reach of the men due to their gellar fields. They are a supply vessel, destined for Armaggedon

"Navigator, what is taking so long. We have been here for ages yet we have not reached a stable current." The Captain of the ship bellows out to the Navigator.

The Navigator cannot respond. He is in shock. He feels the Emperor's presence fading. He feels the Astronomican bleeding yet burning brighter.

"HE IS DYING!" He screams out to his Captain. "I FEEL HIS GODLINESS DECAYING, I FEEL IT ALL!" A manic attempt to diverge the mass of information he feels flowing in his mind. Most of all, he feels the plight of his fellow Navigators, all collectively screaming.

The Captain attempts to make contact with Terra and the hundreds of ships fleeing it, reaching the frontmost ship. "State your name and position, this is an urgent emergency, a situation is developing amongst the navigators."

In a booming yet calm voice, he is answered. "This is Roboute Guilliman, Imperial Regent. The Emperor is dying. He gave his soul to defeat Chaos upon Terra and now his body goes with it. Get out of the warp as soon as possible. And I am sorry for your navigator's loss."

"Sir, what do you mean by his loss?" He replies, curious yet in horror with his voice reflecting his emotions, trembling at the mere mention of death and loss.

"Well-" Guilliman has no time to respond. The Navigator begins screaming out in pain, his mind awash with the power of the Astronomican. He feels his brothers burning, he feels his mind expanding. Within seconds, his head explodes, a fountain of viscera spills out. Brain and bone  matter covers the Captain, who vomits in horror. With the Navigator dead, the ship is lost within the warp. Hundreds of ships would be lost, their gellar fields running out and the men consumed by chaos. 

The deaths and untold suffering of every single navigator, warpbound or otherwise, would be so potent as to create warp tears in real space, becoming known as the God Tears where they fell, so large and vicious, only seen before in times like Old Night. Daemons spill out of every tear, desecrating worlds and destroying untold populaces. The Emperor's death would spark new terror with in those of the Imperium, ending the current age and beginning the Age of Anathema.

================================================================================

Sorry for the less action-y story this time, wanted to cover a little extra to Guilliman before we follow his story next chapter. Thanks for reading.