Part 12.5 - Brothers Grim.

As the ship exits Prospero's orbit, Guilliman rages. He slams a fist into his ships wall in complete and utter fury at both the situation of the Imperium and his own, the injuries dealt out by the Illuminarum still burning at his soul. Most of all however, his plan is wasted, how could they return home now.

 Corvus, attempting to diffuse the situation, replies "Brother, you must remain calm, he is still alive, just within the warp for now. We shall see him soon hopefully." Expecting Guilliman to slowly compose himself, he instead sees near Khornite levels of pure rage sweep across his face. 

"Calm, Corvus? You just KILLED our biggest hope for the Imperium now that our father is dead and you wish for me to remain calm?" Guilliman lashes out, his misplaced anger coming down upon the Ravenlord.

"I killed our brother because he was a TRAITOR. He was with a Daemon and so I took a page out of your book and applied some Theoreticals of my own. Theoretical, Magnus is conversing with a Daemon in an attempt to kill you both along with that absolute monster Lorgar. Practical, kill Magnus and the Daemon. See Guilliman?"

Sanguinius however shouts "Brothers! If you are to argue like children I suggest you do it AFTER we find a way to Ultramar!" The brothers fall silent, the Angel's commanding and brash tone shocking both men out of their rage and fury.

"Sanguinius... is right. We must not allow such emotion to overcloud our mission. We are to save our Father's work in whatever way possible. But how to get home." Guilliman slips back into his reclusive thoughts and composes himself.

Theoretical, We need to return to Ultramar. Somehow. We are at the very border of the Segmentum Solar. We require a way of travelling faster than light without using the unstable Warp. The only one currently in memory is a Pharos Device, although the only one known to us was destroyed. There were more though. Cawl. He must reach Belisarius Cawl, it was he who bested the beast inside and took the map for himself. Mars is gone and he is either dead or lucky enough to evacuate. The Cawl Inferior. I must access this but I require Losenti. Who would be on Ultramar. 

He speaks to his brothers, revealing his thought process. "Practical, we make for the inner regions of the Segmentum Solar, hopefully most of it is not destroyed by Father's death. We must find the Mechanicum evac ships, if they did evacuate that is."

Corvus retorts "You are aware of my current form brother, correct? I have transcended from a human form. The Warp does not scare me. If needs be I shall enter Mars myself."

"It is settled then. Off to Mars." Guilliman replies, ready to face whatever lies at the land that once contained their homeworld. 

================================================================================

Ik this is a very short chapter but I wanted to add some backstory and explain where their going.
Thanks for reading.