Chapter one

A/N: Hello everyone! I decided to start on my Blainchel story. Please be patient with updates. I'm still writing my Smytheberry story "My Endless Love". Please read & review. :)

Disclaimer: Mature rating and I own nothing.

******************************************************

Rachel had just screamed to Kurt that she had a semi-short relationship with a guy who turned out to be gay was songwriter gold, but actually she was trying to hide her pain from rejection. She thought that she and Blaine had a semi-connection. That first kiss, though alcohol induced, was special. She definitely felt sparks when she kissed him at the Lima Bean. She saw it in his eyes, but then he blurted out he was 100 percent gay and bailed. What just happened? Why do guys continually act like they're interested and ditch her? She knows she's not beautiful like Quinn or Santana, but she's not a pariah either. Rachel ran to her car, looked around before driving away. Luckily in a few days she will be attending a Summer Session at NYADA, her dream school, and can forget about guys for now especially Blaine Devon Anderson.

******************************

Meanwhile, Blaine his in the bathroom of the Lima Bean after his run-in with Rachel Berry. He banged his head against the wall. Why did I lie? Why did I tell her I'm 100 percent gay, when actually I'm more bisexual or simply had feelings for Rachel? he thought to self.

He was sure he had feelings for Rachel, but Kurt's insistence that he couldn't be bi kept echoing in his head. Who was he trying to convince, himself or make Kurt happy? And in the end he ended up hurting the only girl who has EVER made him question his identity. Rachel was opinionated and loud, yes, but also he saw a beautiful, sweet, intelligent and mega-talented girl who no doubt would one day conquer Broadway just like he aimed to do. Maybe they were more alike then he thought. More than anything, Blaine wanted to run back out there and kiss her.

Blaine looked in the mirror, took a deep breath and hoped to find her saving his spot in line. As he left the bathroom to get in line, his heart dropped. Rachel was gone. Kurt stood in place with what seemed to be a smirk. Blaine felt disappointed but to avoid another argument he asked Kurt where Rachel went.

Blaine: Hi Kurt, um, where is Rachel?

Kurt: Oh she left happier than Bunnies on a cloud made of cotton candy.

Blaine:What?

Kurt: Never mind, let's just say she woke up and realized she has no magical spell on you. You're gay and that's that and wouldn't work.

Blaine: Yeah, right. So coffee?

Kurt: I thought you'd never ask. Now....

Kurt rambled on about some fashion icon, while Blaine politely listened. Kurt couldn't have been more wrong about Rachel. Luckily, in a few days he will be heading to New York to NYADA for summer session before his junior year and can put this and her behind him. Rachel Barbra Berry.....

**************************

A few days had passed, school was out for the summer. Rachel was packing the last of her things in her suitcase. In a few hours she will be leaving Lima and heading to her dream destination, New York. NYADA, at least for the summer. She was super excited. Even though her previous trip to New York didn't go as planned when Finn Hudson kissed her and cost the New Directions a Nationals title. She loved Finn she wouldn't lie, but someone else has found his way into her heart. Maybe this summer she could forget, at least for now. Truthfully she was over boy drama. Yeah keep telling yourself that Berry, she scolded herself.

Leroy: Rachel sweetie its time to go are you ready?

Rachel took a look at her room, sighing.

Rachel: I'm coming dad.

Rachel grabbed her belongings, and headed to the car, hugging her dads as they made a trip to the train station.

Blaine had his ticket and bags loaded in the car. His parents and sister were too busy to come. What else is new. His parents, especially his father, were not happy when he came out about being gay. At least he had his friends, including Dalton Warblers, support. He drove to the train station eager to get to New York for the Summer.

That didn't mean that thoughts of Rachel hadn't left his mind...or heart. What he was feeling he wasn't sure. He had time to think about it. He heard a tune in his head and realized this was the song Finn Hudson wrote for her. Although that kiss cost them Nationals, he wished he could've been brave enough himself and take a leap of faith and kiss her. Okay Anderson quit girl drama and focus. Of crap I'm talking to myself. he scolded self.

"Pretending"

(Blaine/Rachel)

Face to face and heart to heart
We're so close yet so far apart
I close my eyes I look away
That's just because I'm not okay

(Rachel)
But I hold on, I stay strong
Wondering if we still belong

(Both)

Will we ever say the words we're feeling
Reach down underneath and tear down all the walls
Will we ever have our happy ending?
Or will we forever only be pretending?
Will we always, always, always be pretending

(Blaine)

How long do I fantasize
Make believe that it's still alive
Imagine that I am good enough
And we can choose the ones we love
But I hold on, I stay strong
Wondering if we still belong,

(Both)

Will we ever say the words we're feeling
Reach down underneath and tear down all the walls
Will we ever have our happy ending?
Or will we forever only be pretending?
Will we always, always, always be

(Rachel/Blaine)

Keeping secrets safe
Every move we make
Seems like no ones letting go
And it's such a shame
Cause if you feel the same
How am I supposed to know?

(Both)

Will we ever say the words we're feeling
Reach down underneath and tear down all the walls

(Blaine)
Will we ever have our happy ending?
Or will we forever only be pretending?

(Rachel)
Will we always, always, always be

(Blaine)
Will we always, always, always be

(both)
WIll we always, always, always be pretending?

Just as Blaine got on the train, and looking for his seat, he froze when he saw the person sitting beside his assigned seat....

Blaine: Rachel?

Rachel looked up, wide-eyed, uh oh...

Rachel: Blaine?

Both: What are YOU doing here?

Blaine sat down, shocked but somehow happy. This would be one long interesting summer......

Rachel: I'm heading to NYADA for the summer. You?

Blaine: So am I, and listen Rachel I have to tell you something. I li-

Rachel cut him off but smiled. " look Blaine. No explanations. You made it clear you're not interested. Let's just pretend the kiss never happened and enjoy our summer. Good luck at NYADA. Okay?

Blaine: Um, yeah sure, you're right. You too.

Blaine knew one thing. He couldn't pretend the kiss never happened. When she said to forget, why did he feel like someone crushed his heart. He put his headphones on and noticed Rachel watching Funny Girl. His Broadway baby...

***************************

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this first chapter.

"Pretending" from Glee

Happy belated birthday Cory Monteith. We miss you.