..Promises..

A/N --- This was inspired by the poem I read a month ago<3 it was really good, and it litterly makes me cry.

---

Pinkie promise: Promises that you can't break. Promises need to be last forever, until you reach into it. And, sometimes promises only gave a way. Darryl smiled, existing from his bedroom. He remember that this is the day that his lover will arrive.

He was waiting for this day all along, he can finally feel the touch from him, and kisses. God, he misses him a lot.

It was quite for a about a month since his lover was not here. To make him laugh, blush and smile.

He usually gets cuddles every night, in the morning and in the afternoon. But, he was not here. He can feel his heart was empty, that his lover was not here. He love him, his lover love him too. He know that. He"ll never leave him, and he will keep his promise that he"ll come back soon. And this is the day.

It early in the morning, he let the cold breeze blew pass him. He open up the light, stepping down on the cold floor. He firstly saw his dog, Lucy. Curled into a ball, sleeping peacefully. He smiled, he didn't want to wake her up so he walk straight to the kitchen.

He want to prepare something, that can make his lover happy: He bake some muffins, Cake, and pie. Then, he cook some Spaghetti, and some beef steak. Yes it was a lot, but it's worth it. Now it's 12 PM, in the afternoon. He quickly took a shower, and dress with an Comfortable clothes.

He runned downstairs, sitting down on the couch. And. Wait.

---

He was still waiting, he frown resting his head on the couch. His dog sleeping on his lap, while he was brushing his finger on his dog's hair. And, there was Rocco. He was playing on the side of the couch, barking at his squeaky toy. He didn't mind, he just sat there waiting and waiting.

It almost six and he was getting pretty tired.
'I should take a rest' he said to himself, laying down. His eyes closed, and fell asleep in his slumber.

---

The bell rang, making him open his eyes. He knew it was him. He quickly sat up, running to the door. He fix his hair, then placed a smile on his face. He roll the door knob to the side, opening it. And, there stood a Tan Male with an Army uniform. He smiled at his lover, while an Bunch of flowers on his hand ready to give it to him.

Darryl felt his eyes sting with tears, slowly falling down on his cheeks. "I'm sorry for being Late Darling" Zak pulled him into a warm hug, kissing his head with an small giggle came from his mouth. Darryl cried in joy, sobbing on his uniform.

"I-i thought you"ll never come back home" Said Darryl, looking up at his lover. He sniffled, as Zak wipe his tears using his thumb. "I will come back home for you Darling, don't cry I'm here" Darryl gave him an smile, he laugh a little. Wiping his tears, then gave his lover a kiss. "I miss you so much"

"I miss you too" The Tan Replied. He look down at the flowers then to him. He gave his lover the flowers that was full of Roses. Darryl holds it, almost making there fingers touch. He blush, quickly grabbing it. Zak only laugh, seeing an blushing Darryl.

"T-thank you" Darryl look away, "Your welcome" he lift up his chin, giving an warm and tender kiss. They pulled away after a second. They knew that both of them don't want to but, Zak forced himself to pulled away from Darryl soft lips. "I miss this lips"

Darryl giggles, An Heat of blush brushing on his cheeks.

"Come on you muffin, I made you food~!" Zak lead him to the kitchen while there Fingers intertwined. Zak shoes tapping on the floor. Rocco recognized his owner, he started to bark making Zak smile more.
When they finally arrive at the kitchen, Zak wowed making Darryl giggle again.

"Thank you Darling~" Zak kiss him on the cheek, "The foods looks yummy!" Zak exclaimed, sitting down on the chair. Darryl smile, sitting down on the chair aswell. He just stare at Zak while he eats, he doesn't want to eat anything it was all for Zak.

"Are you not going to eat?" Zak questioned, Darryl shook his head then gave him a smile. "Nope! It's all for you My Love" Zak smiled back, giving a Pat on the head.

Silence.

"Darryl" Zak call his name, looking at the other. The other hummed, the smiled stayed on his lips. Zak sigh putting down his fork. "You know I love you, right?" Zak hold Darryl of the top of his hand. Darryl holds him back, he was now confused for why he asked that. Of course he knew that. "Yeah?"

Zak frown, Holding Darryl hand tight. It make Darryl concern, "What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing Zak's hand into circles using his thumb. "Nothings wrong Darling, it just--- Do you promise me that you"ll never forget me?"

"Of course I won't!" Darryl exclaimed, He was Worried. He can see the sadness of Zak's eyes that was staring at him. "I will always be here for you Darling. Dead or not. I will be here, by your side. I will Never leave you." Darryl heart beat rapidly of worriedness. 'Dead? Is Zak pranking me?' He asked himself, he parted his lips to speak but cut off by his lover continuing his sentences.

"I promise that. And, Darling. Please be happy for me, don't stress yourself over the sadness. Be happy that your always are."

"Z-zak, what do you mean?"

"Thank you for being my Best friend, and My Lover. You made me extra happy. You made my heart melt everytime you giggle, laugh, kiss me and hug me. I'm happy that I met you. I love you for all my heart."

"Zak"

"Now, Goodbye... My Love. I love you" Darryl eyes widen, as Zak vanishes away. Tears started to slide down from his eyes, the touch fade away, the touch from his lover, the touch that he was waiting for. But only to be faded away.

"Za-"

He woke up, his eyes flutter open. Hearing an bell from the door. He wipe his tears, weakly walking towards the door. He open it, revealing two Man with an Army uniform-The other was Holding an Boquet of roses. And the other was Holding Zak's uniform. "Darryl Noverscoch, I'm sorry, but he died from the war. He was shot on the heart and didn't survive. I'm so sorry" They gave him the uniform and the Boquet that Zak brought.

Darryl started to cry, breaking down In tears. Hugging it tight.

"I will always he here for you Darling"

The word was running on his mind, he sobs. Looking on the Boquet that has a card on it that wrote "I Love You"

'I love you too, Zak.... I would never forget you, I Promise you My Love'

---