Chapter 7

Robin Buckley loved the blonde Harrington and she hadn't said a word about it. She wanted to talk to Steve about it but she was scared of what he'd say. Would he be mad? Would he tell her Maeve didn't feel the same way about her?

Meanwhile, Steve noticed something changed with Robin's feelings. At first, he thought she had lost them but he shook that thought off as he knew it was impossible. That's why one morning he showed up to work early to speak to Robin.

"Hey," Steve said coming up behind her.

"What the- Steve you can't sneak up behind me like that!" She spoke loudly.

"Yeah, sorry, whatever. Look, I need to talk to you about something," Steve said mysteriously.

"Um, okay. Is this 'something' bad?" Robin asked genuinely curious.

"I mean depends, what changed with my sister?" Steve asked looking deeply into her blue eyes.

"Wow, way to beat around the bush with that one," Robin remarked sarcastically. "Nothing has changed. I don't know what gave you that idea but get it out of your head."

"You're lying something happened. What was it?" Steve pushed, following her as she walked towards the back.

"Nothing has changed, Steve," Robin lied through her perfectly white teeth.

"Robin, look. if you lost feelings for Mae, the-" Robin cut Steve off before he could finish his sentence.

"Are you delusional? No matter what happens with her I will never lose feelings," Robin slightly snapped.

"Okay, then what changed?" Steve pressed.

"I realized I love her!" Robin shouted. She was thankful they weren't open yet because the was sure everyone would've heard that even with them being in the back room. Steve just stared at Robin, shocked that his suspicions were true.

"How- Why- When?" Steve stuttered. He was confused as to why he was this shocked because he already had a feeling.

"When I was over at your house. I think that the moment I fell was way before that but I just realized it that night. She was dancing on her bed to that stupid rock band and she just had the biggest smile on her face," Robin explained. The whole time she was talking a smile had slowly crept onto her face. "It was so stupid and random but that's when I realized it. She's literally the most beautiful person on this planet and I love her." Robin finished her rant.

Listening to the girl in front of him Steve knew why he was shocked. Steve was always protective of his sister. He didn't like anyone who found her to be attractive or just liked her in general but for some odd reason, he loved the idea of her sister being loved by Robin Buckley.

"She just kinda stole my heart and ran away with it. Now I can't get it back because I'm terrified to say anything and ever since that night I've been scared shitless that I'm going to say something to ruin everything or even admit that I love her. I'm scared by the fact that there's a chance she doesn't love me back," Robin admitted quietly.

*******

Maeve knew something was going on with Robin. She knew that whenever she was around Robin would avoid eye contact and be timid and shy which was highly unusual. With all of this in mind, she set out on a mission to find out what it was that was different.

Maeve walked into Scoops shortly after they opened just to see a flustered Robin with bright red cheeks and a smiling Steve. For just a second her mind went to the possibility that Steve and Robin had done something together but she quickly shook that thought off. Steve wouldn't do that to her and Robin liked her.