Chapter 10

The song I recommend for this chapter is Sofia (from the playlist) (I strongly recommend it)

Maeve Harrington and Robin Buckley were very awkward people. Anybody who knew them would tell you that they were awkward. If you asked them they would tell you they're awkward. It was just no secret.

But with all of the awkwardness aside, they loved each other and weren't scared to deny it. They embraced it. They reveled in it. But they were still awkward which is what lead them to be awkwardly lying awake in Maeve's room. 

The girls felt it would be weird if they slept in the same bed but neither wanted to leave the presence of the other so Maeve was lying on the floor and Robin had the bed. They were both staring up at the ceiling in silence.

"Just come up here, you dingus," Robin said quietly. Maeve glanced up at the bed and thought for a second. Ultimately, she got up and shuffled over to the bed. Robin moved her body closer to the other side of the bed while Maeve got the other side of the bed.

"Thanks, the floor isn't the most comfortable," Maeve joked. Robin laughed quietly while gazing at the beautiful girl beside her.

"So..." Robin trailed off.

"So..." Maeve said in a questioning tone.

"You love me," Robin said with a smirk and a teasing tone. Maeve turned her head away from Robin to try to hide her blush but it didn't do much.

"Maybe I do," Maeve said turning her head back toward Robin. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know yet," Robin said quietly. Both of the girls' smiles faded at that.

"Wait, what?" Maeve asked incredulously. "I thought the next step would be pretty clear here, Robin," Maeve said in a slightly angry tone. 

"You know it's not that easy, Mae," Robin argued the girl's previous statement.

"Uh, yeah it is," Maeve said while sitting up keeping her eyes locked with Robin's the whole time.

"No it's not and you know that," Robin followed Maeve's movements. They were sitting on opposite sides of the bed. "You know that we push people away because we're scared of what they'll say."

"No, Robin. I obviously don't know because I thought that as soon as those words came out of our mouths it would be us against the world. But I can see now that I was wrong," Maeve said pushing herself off the bed.

"Mae-" Robin tried to stop her. Maeve swung back around to face Robin with an angry look on her face.

"No, Robin. You're going to list all the reasons we can't be together but guess what! We can. We can show all the people in this town that two girls can be together. Robin, you have to know that me and you shouldn't feel like a crime. But obviously, your fear is stronger than your feelings for me. It's fine honestly. I'll back off. Goodnight."

Maeve was so mad and upset she didn't even give Robin the chance to respond to her rant. She stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. As soon as the door closed, Maeve broke down in tears.

She speedily walked down the hall to Steve's room and quietly opened the door. Steve was lying on his bed trying to fall back asleep. He couldn't sleep as well knowing his sister wasn't beside him after her panic attack. She would always spend the night in his room after an attack but this time she didn't need him. Or so he thought.

Steve saw the light through his eyelids and slowly opened them. The sight he saw was not one he was prepared for.

"Mae?" Steve called out. All he could see at the moment was her figure in his doorway. When she stepped into his room and closed the door behind her his eyes adjusted quickly and he could see the tear tracks on her cheeks as well as the fresh ones gliding down her pale skin.