Chapter 8

Maeve had slowly gained confidence around Robin. She didn't know where it came from or how she got it but she started making bolder comments and more obvious advances. She would purposely wink at Robin in public and she would smirk when she saw the girl duck her head when she blushed.

Because of this Maeve had been at the mall every day with her brother and the girl she liked. She knew that her feelings were growing and she reveled in it. She was growing more comfortable around Robin everyday and she loved it.

She was so happy that she couldn't wipe the smile off her face as she walked into Scoops with Steve. She skipped up to Robin and threw her arms around her neck from behind making the short haired girl jump.

"Maeve, how many times have I told you not to scare me!" Robin said with an angry tone. Anyone who was listened would've thought she was angry but Maeve knew better as she could see the wide smile on the brunettes face.

"Oops?" Maeve giggle and she ran away from Robin after she swung a hand towel at her.

"Ugh, you two love birds make be sick," Steve groaned as he walked off toward the back. He was trying desparately to escape the flirting coming from the two girls.

"Oh, please. Kiss my ass, Steve. You and Nancy were worse," Maeve said with attitude. Robin blushed at the fact that Steve called them love birds and that Maeve had compared them to Nancy and Steve.

"Cut him some slack, Mae. He's up to seven points in the 'You Suck' column," Robin said loudly so Steve could hear.

"Fuck off, Buckley," Steve shouted while flipping the girls off through the door. Maeve and Robin giggled to each other while they made plans to torture the poor boy for the rest of the day.

*******

Robin and Maeve had been sucessful in annoying Steve all morning with plans to do it the rest of the day. But all those plans flew out the window when a certain, young teenager with a green and yellow cap walked into Scoops.

Maeve was in the back with Steve, actually not annoying him for the first time all day. Steve was explaining something to Maeve but she wasn't paying any attention to him but to the young boys voice that was up front.

"Hi," the boy said, excitedly.

"Hi," Maeve heard Robin say with a bored tone.

"I'm Dustin," he introduced himself. Maeve heard and a smile grew on her face. She hit Steve multiple times on the shoulder to get is attention as she motioned for him to listen.

"I'm Robin," Robin said with a small smile.

"Pleasure to meet you," Dustin rushed out. He started to look around while asking, Uh, are- are they here?" 

"Is who here?" Robin asked confused but also a little annoyed. At that moment Maeve and Steve both had smiles on their faces as they rushed to the door that lead to the lobby. They slammed open the door with smiles.

"Henderson," the twins said at the same time. Steve brought his hands up to his head with a realived sigh. Maeve just looked at the boy and smirked when he started laughing at Steve's uniform while pointing.

"Henderson! He's back!" Steve yelled while jumping up and down excitedly. Maeve just had a wide smile as she followed her brother over to the young boy. "He's back!"

"I'm back!" Dustin yelled back at Steve, still laughing. "You got the job!" he said proudly.

"I got the job!" Steve yelled and then imitated playing a trumpet. Maeve scrunched up her nose but laughed nonetheless. Steve walked up to Dustin as they did their handshake. Maeve just stood quietly behind Steve and Robin stood behind the counter looking highly amused.