Taurus(f) x Aquarius(f)

The summer heat was at its worst. The sun wasn't even fully up yet and somehow this day was already breaking records for being the hottest recorded, the previous being held for twenty whole years.

"I'm dying," Taurus whispered to herself as she hung off the edge of her bed with her face directly in front of her fan. The air conditioning just had to break at the worst possible time.

Taurus has long dark hair and dark eyes to match. The tips of her hair are bleached brightly to add a pop to her otherwise uninteresting complexion. She's got pale skin even in the summer despite being dragged to the beach by her family nearly every weekend. She's short and has long legs for her build. In fact she'd say she's nothing but leg.

Taurus is on the heavier side of builds which drives her 15 year old mind insane. Even if the world is supposedly moving towards accepting more body types she still can't help but feel like she's doing something wrong when there's never anything in her size at stores. Or when she gets rude looks from the old people in line behind her when she gets a large soda instead of a small as if that one decision is going to change her life.

She decided it was time to get out of bed finally and maybe even leave her room. One thing was for certain, she wasn't going to stay in her gross pajamas after sweating like a fire hose all night.

After several minutes of digging through the pile of clothes on her floor she realized she'd need to go to the laundry room to find any clean shorts.

"Just great," Taurus muttered as she walked out of her room, a wave of even worse heat rushing in from the outside. "I hate the Summer."

To get to the laundry room she needed to go through the kitchen and that meant walking past her mom and older sister. This wouldn't be that bad if they didn't always want to talk to her, no matter the mood she was in. Taurus loved her family, but she was quiet and she couldn't make any exceptions for them.

"Hey sleeping beauty nice to see prince charming finally found you," her mom giggled.

Taurus just rolled her eyes at the comment and continued to walk away.

There were many reasons she rolled her eyes. The first being that after hearing that comment made a hundred times before it gets old, the second being that she really didn't appreciate the constant snarky comments made to her, and the third being she's a lesbian so no prince charming could ever hope to wake her up. She would need a princess charming.

She found her shorts and made her way back to her room to change, getting another two snarky comments from her mom along the way.

It wasn't long until she could feel herself sweating through her shirt after just putting it on.

"Oh my God you're kidding me," she complained putting another shirt on, "this heat is ridiculous. I can't take this."

Taurus didn't go outside often, but when she did it was usually to go somewhere that was the opposite of her house. Currently her house was hot, which meant she'd be heading somewhere cold.

Ice skating sounded super good right now, but ice skating rinks are actually currently rolling skating rinks which really sucks because who doesn't want to ice skate in the summer? Probably people who pay electric bills in those places.

The next best option is ice cream shops. Taurus had a good ten dollars on her so she'd be able to get something. It was her last bit of money too so she'd have to spend it on something good. Such as ice cream.

Taurus was lucky enough to live just one street over from a local ice cream shop. It was probably the only redeeming quality of her house.

Getting inside was like walking into heaven. Instantly she could feel the cold breeze wash over her face. Everything was perfect.