Hired

(Florence's POV)

Even seven years later the memories of the murder still lingers in my head.

We were at Freddy fazbear's pizza when it happened. My sister, me, and our 3 hybrid friends were celebrating my 13th birthday.
It was our favorite restaurant, since all the animatronics, a bat, a rabbit, a bear, and a raccoon, were the same animals we were. Except me. I'm a fox hybrid.

Then, a man in a yellow mouse costume walked up to us.
"Hey kids! Wanna see something cool?" He asked in a cartoonish voice. He led everyone to a backstage room, but I hid behind a wall. I did not trust him.
Without warning, I heard my sister Rachel scream. The scream ended too short, and I looked through a window in the door, and saw a horrific sight.
One by one, my friends were lost to the hands of a monster.

And the monster... was never caught.
But...
I'll make him pay.
No matter what it takes.

(*present time*)

I was watching tv in my lonely house, but it really wouldn't be as lonely if I had some sorta companion. But a dog wouldn't be a good fit, nor a cat, nor a bird, all for the same reason. I'm a fox hybrid. I only have the ears, fangs and tail, but my instincts are still pretty fox-like. I still chase pigeons around for fun, even though I'm 20 years old.

Suddenly my phone began to ring.
"Congratulations, sir! You've been hired!"
I'm trying to learn more about the murders of my friends and sister by applying as a nightguard at Freddy's.
"Oh! Thank you!" I exclaimed, fidgeting with my glasses.
"No problem! No one wanted to take the night guard slot. We're glad you applied! Your shift starts at 12 tonight."
"Ok!" I said before the woman on the other end hung up. I looked at the clock on the phone. Just 2 more hours...

*
I parked at the entrance to the pizzeria. I left the car, tail wagging excitedly. I entered the building that defined my childhood, and pretty much my whole life, and was greeted by a man in a suit.
"Hello, Florence. Good to see you!" The man said. "My name is Mr. Carmine."
"Good to see you too." I replied. "So, what are my duties?"
"You'll just be making sure the animatronics aren't stolen or the place isn't robbed. Like any night guard at any place!" Mr. Carmine responded with an upbeat attitude.

He handed me a security guard uniform before leaving. Guess it's just me and the animatronics for a while. Those guys are painful memories to me, they remind me of my friends. They look like them too. All hybrids. Vincent was a bat, Lesley was a raccoon, Carson was a bear, and Rachel was a bunny. I was the odd one out. Now I'm the only one out.

I will avenge them.

I was just watching the cameras when I realized the animatronics were gone
"Who's that?" I heard a little girl's voice. My ears perked up at the sound.
"I dunno. He looks familiar though." A boy's voice replied.
"Uhhhh..." I uttered.
"Shoot, you think he heard me?" The boy inquired.
"Heck yeah he heard you!" The girl whispered.
"Who's there?" I asked. My tail curled around me as Bonnie the bunny and Rosco the bat walked into the office. I backed myself up against the wall, scared to death. I didn't know that the robots moved around at night!

"Are you good? You seem scared." Rosco asked me.
"Yeah I'm scared! This is where my friends and my sister died! I don't want it to be the same place where I die too!" I shouted without thought. Bonnie looked shocked. Her purple eyes shone a greenish color, filled with realization. The same thing happened with Rosco, his red eyes turning yellow.
I could tell they remembered something important.

"Florence...?"
"How do you know my name?" I went from being freaked out to baffled in a matter of seconds.
"Florence!!"
Without warning, Bonnie wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace.
"Florence, it's me!" She shouted. "It's me! RACHEL!"

My. Heart. Froze.

"Wait, if you're Rachel, does that mean..."
"It's me! Vincent!" Rosc- er- Vincent shouted.
There was a loud crash coming from the hallway in front of me, which startled Rachel. I decided to investigate; it was my job, after all.
"Valorie, get outta the trash! You're gonna damage your voice box again!" I heard Freddy shout. His voice was unmistakable, I could identify it from a mile away.
I looked into the first party room to see the racoon animatronic, Valorie, arguing with Freddy. Her voice seemed garbled, I guess she did damage her voice box.
"Hello?" I said. It sounded like a question, but wasn't meant as one. The two animatronics turned their heads to me, looking curious.

"A new night guard? Wait..." Freddy trailed. His blue eyes turned brown. "F-Florence?" his voice cracked; it sounded like my old friend.
"Carson?" my heart nearly stopped again. "Are all of you guys here?"
"It's us, man. We missed you." Lesley replied. I had to wipe a tear from my eye.

"I missed you too."