Chapter 10

Two months later, Selena and her family were back in Cocoa, Florida, where she was getting ready for her space summer camp. She was packing her small backpack for her first day of space summer camp where she looked up at the wall filled with new pictures of her new friends and her family members. She was so happy to figure out who she is and what she is going to do in the world. She has learned so much over the past months since her 15th birthday. She looked at the one picture where she had a treasured memory with her mom when she was visiting Christa's grave in Concord, New Hampshire for the first time in her life. She has created so many memories and treasured memories during her first trip to Concord. She was happy for her best friend to take the pictures from her Fujifilm instax camera. Selena felt a spark in her heart for knowing she was following her heart to figure out who she was going to be in her life. She finished packing her first day bag for her space summer camp. Selena walked out of her bedroom into the kitchen to get a snack without noticing her mom was in the kitchen.

🚀

🍎

🚀

                     Later that early afternoon, Marcella walked into the living room after cleaning the kitchen after cleaning the kitchen and making some snacks for her kids. She didn't notice Selena was walking into the kitchen when she left. She walked towards her favorite chair and sat on her favorite chair after grabbing her photo albums from her bookshelf. She grabbed one of her photo albums and started looking through the pages with many photos inside. She looked through her photo album filled with pictures of her trip to her childhood hometown with her children. She was so happy to go back home after so many years of being away to bring homesickness into her heart. She went through pages of her photo album and stopped at the page to show pictures of her and her youngest daughter sitting together on the ground looking at Christa's grave. She was happy because her aunt Lillian took pictures on her phone to capture those treasured memories.

She still remembers leaving her childhood hometown after finishing high school and never thought about returning home to see her dad's family again. She closed her photo album and grabbed another photo album from a pile of her other photo albums. She opened her photo album and went to the page where pictures of her spending time with her mom's family before moving to Cocoa, Florida. She remembers being very homesick for not knowing where she was going to do next in her life. Her family were starting to worry about her before she left home to go to college to try to get her first job. She was staying away from her family for not worrying them about her being homesick. She was so good at hiding her deep feelings in not knowing why they had to move to Florida, instead of staying in Concord with her dad's family.

                     Then her life changes when she meets Kayden during her first visit to Kennedy Space Center. She was walking around the rocket garden when she met Kayden who was a tour guide at the visitor complex. She was very charming and amazed when she was talking with Kayden after his tour guide. She started dating Kayden after a couple of months to get to know him for almost not feeling homesick. She went to the page where Kayden's family was visiting him and had the chance to meet her for the first time. She remembers her dad getting her job at the visitor complex. She was happy to be where she tried not to be homesick, until she joined her boyfriend to go to Clearwater for his family reunion. She remembers meeting Sarafina for the first time after being so shy and homesick. Sarafina was kind to her and reminds her of her favorite aunt Lillian. Marcella let a few tears down her face for remembering her first couple of years for being so far from her childhood hometown. She was still happy to go back to her childhood hometown with her children to let them see where she grew up. She was joyful to have some time with her youngest daughter who's so much like her. Marcella closed her photo album and put it down next to her other photo albums. She grabbed her childhood photo album.