𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Eddie's pov

"They're genuinely scared, guys," Steve said. "Yeah I think we should stop playin' around," Billy added. "Yeah, but they broke into our house. She shot you man!" I said.

"Yeah, but — You'd shoot yourself too if you were a human," Billy said. "True," I sighed then looked back at the kids.

I already feel bad for calling her a slave. I didn't know. I thought they were still in those cruel times when they slaved beautiful colored human beings.

"Alright, so, what are your names?" I asked as I walked back into our dining room as they were talking. They quickly went silent.

"Well, I'm Dustin, that's Sinclair, Mike, Will and y/n," Dustin said with a slight smile. All of his friends gave him a look, making me chuckle a little. He's a cool kid.

"We already introduced ourselves, and, uh, I'm sorry for calling you a-a- You know what," I stuttered, feeling different about that word now. "It's whatever," she said plainly.

"I mean it. Im sorry. I thought that was still a thing," I said. "I said it's whatever," she said with a tone. My eyes instantly shaded red. As I was about to charge at her, Billy and Steve pulled me back.

She leaned back in her chair, frightened.  She probably thought I was going to hurt her, but I wasn't. I was just going to scare her which isn't too much of a difference.

"Sorry, sorry, it's just — Don't talk to me like that," I said after I calmed down and she loosened up. "So you support what they did to people like me?" She asked with an attitude, which I understand.

"No! I was just-" I tried saying but she cut me off. "Telling me what to do cause I have no rights?" She added on. "No! That's not- God no!" I said, panicking which is very unusual for a vamp like me. I shouldn't feel any type of way towards humans. Towards her.

"I'm just playing," y/n said as all of her friends burst out laughing. "Fucking kids," Billy said with a sigh and eye roll. "We're like 18. Chill out, dude," Sinclair said.

"Oh 18," I said in a slight downed tone, not even know what I spoke. "Why so sad?" Y/n asked. "He's 21 in human years," Steve said making me slap his harm.

"Alright, and?" Mike asked right before his jaw immediately dropped. "Holy shit!" Dustin shouted as Sinclair and Will laughed hard with the rest but y/n.

"What?" Y/n asked confused. "Nothing!" I spat, making my raspy voice come out. "Yeah — Nothing," Sinclair laughed more with the boys, leaving y/n still confused.

*PHONE RINGTONE*

"Oh shit, I think that's my mom. Can you please answer it," Scotlyn said, but me and others didn't move. All we did was look at each other. Why would we do that? Humans can be embarrassingly slow sometimes.

"Answer or she gets in trouble!" Sinclair seemed panicked. "That's a phone?" Steve asked. "Nah uh, she can ask for help. Then we'll be hunted down," Steve said.

"You really think I'm about to tell my mom I left the house to go to hell for fun?" Y/n asked in what seemed like a sarcastic voice.

"We don't know that," Billy said. "Give me my phone!" Y/n yelled, so I quickly went into her pocket and grabbed her phone.

"Swipe please," she politely said, so I did. "Hey ma," y/n spoke as she motioned me to push something on the phone. Now her mom's speaking out loud.

"Where are you!?" She yelled. "I'm at Will's house," y/n lied, of course. "When did I allow that!?" Her mom asked. Why is she so rude to her child?

"I told you an hour before I left," Scotlyn said. "Whatever, y/n. Be back tomorrow for dinner," her mom said then hung up.

"That's your mom?" I asked, confused on how a mother could speak to her child like that. I've seen some things, but y/n had absolutely no tone when she answered the phone.

"No, she's not. I'm a foster child but she forces us to call her mom," she explained in a low voice. I can tell she hates talking about her.

"She's not a good mother if that's what you're trying to figure out," Dustin said. "I can tell," Steve said then pulled me to the side, probably realizing my emotions, which isn't great. That means the kids can see it.

"I've never seen you like this, man. Why are you so soft on them. On her?" Billy asked, pointing out the specifics. "Because, Billy. She's been through slavery and her parents are probably dead," I said thought the worst.

"I think slavery has been over for quite awhile," Steve said, tilting his head to the side.  "What happened to your parents?" I turned and asked Scotlyn.

"Died while I was out having fun," she said, plain yet again. "Can we like not talk about this?" She said already annoyed. "I'm sorry. I just-" I tried saying but she cut me off.

"It's over! Leave it alone!" she yelled. Of course I grew iterated, but quickly calmed down. She's been through a lot. She has a right to be pissed off for right now.

"Alright, untie them," I said. I feel down about the way we're treating them about now. "Oh my god," Billy sighed loudly as he rolled his eyes. Steve untied the boys as I did y/n.

"Finally," she said as she got up then quickly smacked me across my face. Billy and Steve were about to charge at the mindless girl until I held my hand out for them to stop.

"I deserve that, so I'll let it slide, but if you do it again — Oh, you don't wanna know," I said, now showing my teeth with y/n, knowing I'd never do anything harmful to her. I wouldn't be able to bring myself too.

1007