The door of curiosity cannot be locked

*Dustin POV*

It's been two days since Eddie passed away. I kept telling myself we had to leave him behind because it was impossible to drag a corpse up into the gate. But it felt wrong not to bury him. Not like anyone would believe how he sustained those injuries, so I guess it was best to leave him there to rest.

Working as a volunteer to distract myself, I spotted someone walking out the back door who looked a lot like Eddie. I must have been seeing things, I was still grieving after all. It had hurt so much when I confronted Mr. Wane, the way his face fell when I said Eddie didn't make it was something I never wanted to live through again. I started to look for Steve and Robin so we could leave, volunteering ended at six. They were nowhere to be found, so I double-checked the school again. That's when I saw the duo come through the back door together.

As I hobbled over to them with my gimpy leg, Steve waved at me. He looked different, and so did Robin. They knew something I didn't.

"Hey dingus," Robin said, I nodded in her direction and asked Steve what was up. That's when they both looked at each other with a sly look and glanced back at me. Okay, something was definitely suspicious.

"Steve what's going on," I asked again. No reply came, he just stood gawking at me, like I turned into a lizard or something. "Steve, you cannot keep the door of curiosity closed, what happened?" I tried to pry more.

"Okay here's the deal kid, I don't care what it takes, get everyone to meet at Els place tomorrow at 7 pm sharp. Don't be late." He said with a wink while walking away with Robin attached to the hip as she chatting his ear off.

"Hey, wait! That's not enough information! Come on guys, seriously." I said, the last part mostly to myself as I went to grab my walkie and declare an emergency meeting.

Everyone agreed if Steve wanted to have a meeting, it was probably important. So we all confirmed to meet at elevens, seven sharp tomorrow. I shoved my walkie under my bed as I tried to drift off, almost too excited about the information Steve was withholding.

As quick as the dreamless night came, so did morning. I woke up groggy but soon remembered today was the day. I quickly stumbled out of bed, limping around to the bathroom to get the day started. Impatience nagging me for seven to arrive.

*Robins POV*
*A/N* it's all jumbled in one paragraph because she's thinking and speaking super fast so I'm sorry if makes no sense.

If I'm being honest my mind was running a million miles a minute. Well, faster than it normally runs. I had so many questions and so many theory's that I would try to share but no one would bother listening because I sort of have a habit of rambling. Eddie freaking Munson was just dead, but now he's alive. Okay I have pictured weirder scenarios in my head, so yes, as I was surprised to see him in the middle of the woods on a random Thursday afternoon, it was almost calming to see him. I'm not sure how to explain the feeling I had. Even though I talk a lot, I can't get to what I'm really trying to say. Anyways it's been twenty-four hours and it's almost seven and time to meet at Hopper's cabin. I flung on some random clothes I grabbed blindly from my closet and almost threw on two different pairs of shoes as I staggered down the hall toward the front door. Flinging it open it banged against the wall and bounced shut as I step into the evening sun. And yes I'm leaving an hour early because I cannot drive and Steve said he's not a chauffeur. I suppose I needed the exercise so I started to make my way to the meeting.

*Dustin POV*

I meet up with Lucus and Mike on our bikes and we rode together to Elevens house. Johnathan and Nancy were giving Will a lift, and Max was still in the hospital. I assumed Steve and Robin would come together but when we all arrived Steve was the only one missing.