Dungeons and Dragons is like Vecnas curse

*Nancy's POV*

I felt something off all day. And now I know that feeling wasn't just anxiety, it was gut instinct. The figure that walked through the door with Steve was none other than Eddie Munson, the man with bizarre music taste and presumed dead. My jaw dropped and so did everyone who knew him. Johnathan and Will looked at each other with questioning eyes and I watched Eddie walk over to Dustin. This had to be some kind of joke, or realistically, a trap. The real Eddie was dead, Steve Robin, and I found him lying in the dirt, his body soiled with filth and blood, Dustin clinging to his lifeless body. I confirmed the pulse, well the lack of one. He was supposed to be dead.

I and everyone else in the room gathered around the duo's reunion. Sensing our presence, Dustin stepped back from Eddie, snot dripping down his face and he attempted to wipe it away. I reached out to comfort Dustin, but out of the corner of my eye I watched Eddie rip off his grey T-shirt, which looked a lot like Steve's, and something large and black materialized behind him.

My eyes went round as saucers as a gasp escaped my mouth. I stepped back in awe and fear but noticed Steve and Robin standing their ground beside Eddie. Oh-they knew, and that angered me. We needed to talk without prying ears, so I grabbed Steve and Robins's wrists and pulled them to the rest of the group so we could discuss in privet. Giving Eddie a hint to become scarce, I squinted my eyes as I watched him go to the porch, his tail dragging along behind.

As everyone gathered I looked at Steve, "How long have you known?" I demanded. "This is not normal, he could be a trap," I exclaimed and threw my hands up for effect.

"Hey nance, it's fine, Robin and I have only known since yesterday evening, hence the emergency meeting," Steve said while rolling his eyes.

"It's not fine, he has a tail growing out of his ass, and wings attached to his back!" I yelled. How was the point not getting across that he was an undead monster from the upside-down? That was bad news, and trust me I knew my stories.

"Woah, Nancy Drew, he also has fangs. Way to state the obvious, but I think we all saw the six feet flying material take up the room. Besides it's cool, I already spoke with him, and he's cool." Steve said with a smirk.

"Don't patronize me, we're already in a crisis with the gates opening, Max in the hospital, and most importantly Vecna, who is currently MIA. So no Steve, this is not cool. We need to figure out how he's here and how he turned into... well whatever he is." I said tiredly.

"Kas," Will whispered.

Everyone turned from Steve and my argument to face the boy who spoke up for the first time that night.
Lucus, Mike, and Dustin all shared a knowing look as Will began to explain.
"Kas, the bloody-handed. He's a character from dungeons and dragons."

"He's a vampire who serves Vecna in the game," Mike added.

"More reason not to trust him," I stated.

The four boys looked at each other and frowned, but Dustin broke away and walked to the door.

"Hey, mister where are you heading off to?" Johnathan questioned from beside me.

"To check on my friend." He simply replied and stepped out the door.

*Dustin's POV*

This whole week has been a disaster. My emotions are in a twist, but at least Eddie's back. He's still Eddie, I can feel it, he only looks different. Nancy and Steve kept arguing as I left the building people were beginning to pick sides, betting on if Eddie was good or evil. I don't think he's either, he's just Eddie, the hero who saved us.

It felt so good just to sit and watch the stars knowing he was alive and breathing beside me. Not a word was passed between us, and that was okay with me. There was no need for explanation, he probably knew as much as we did, so why dig any deeper? Sure I was curious, but for now, all that mattered was him being here.