Shopping with a girl who has superpowers

*Eddies POV*

Waking up for the second time that morning I felt something hanging across my face. Sitting up I realized it was Steve's arm and pushed it out of the way. He grunted and rolled over, which caused him to fall off the bed that was too small to be shared by two grown men. I peeked over the edge and laughed as I watched Steve sit up rubbing his head and yawning.

"Where am I, what time is it?" He asked sleepily.

Glancing over at the clock on the bed stand I announced it was almost twelve. Steve shot up and shouted, "we're late!" Running to his room for a change of clothes, I started to dress in my borrowed ones. Not knowing what we were late for, I slinkily walked down the steps, my head pounding from a hangover and swarming with leftover thoughts of last night's dream.

It felt so real, I could smell the stagnant air and feel Vecnas hot breath on my neck when he threatened me. I ran my hand across the back of my neck in remembrance. Thanks to Steve having a slumber party, and calming me down with his presence after the nightmare, I was finally able to get a dreamless sleep. But I never wanted to talk about what I had seen, I know I would be locked up by the gang, that dream hit a little too close to Nancy's accusations I heard Steve talk about in his sleep.

"Ready man?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled tiredly, "what exactly are we late for?" I asked.

"It's a surprise, you'll see it when we get there."

He drove in the direction of the trailer park and I soon realized I was heading home. When we reached the destination, I got a better look at the damage the gate created. What used to be a little opening on the roof of my house, was now stretched across the ground and nearly six feet wide and as long as the eye could see. Luckily the damage was on the backside of the trailer, narrowly missing and ripping it to shreds. I wondered how my home hadn't tipped over the edge and into the other side yet.

"This is the surprise?" I asked.

"No, but I figured you'd want to grab some stuff instead of using mine all the time," Steve replied.

He was right, I didn't think about bringing anything when I first left the trailer. Hell, I was too worried about my appearance and the spreading of the upside-down into the real world.

Happily trotting to the front door I noticed uncle Wane's truck was gone.
I sighed and wished I could tell him that I'm okay, that it was all just a misunderstanding. Swinging the door open and heading to my room I grabbed an old blue duffel bag and started shoving my favorite band shirts and some jeans into it. Snatching some toiletries and an extra pair of shoes I zipped the bag shut and looked around for anything I could have missed. My guitar. Where was my guitar? Darting around the room in search of it Steve knocked on the side of the door frame causing me to swing around to look at him.

"Watcha hunting for Munson?" He asked casually.

"My baby, where is she?"

"Oh, the guitar. Don't worry it's safe, Dustin was holding on to it for ya." He said with a sad grin. "You bout ready to head out, cause as I said, we're a little late."

Nodding I grabbed my favorite cassettes and Walkman and followed Steve back to the car. We drove for what felt like forever until we lurched to a stop outside the starcourt mall.

"Uh, Stevie, this place is closed, and I don't think shopping is number one priority right now." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Just get out of the car and come with me."

"Aye aye captain," I said while swinging the car door open with my foot.

Walking into the collapsing mall I took note of the group of people I mistook for manikins near the food court. Getting closer I saw it was everyone from last night, except this time there was a girl with a shaved head.