The fifth gate has opened

*Steves POV*

Walking all the way back to the gate felt like taking a step in the opposite direction. The feeling of déjà vu bubbled up in my stomach, or maybe that was lunch. But going back to save Eddie once again was weird, he wasn't a puppet anymore, so what caused him to turn around of his own free will?

*Mikes POV*

Johnathan, Will, Lucus, Dustin, and argyle burst through the front door just as El returned to her sleeping state.

"Where's Steve and the others," I questioned.

"They went to get Eddie back, he must of fell while flying here," Will said.

"No! We need to contact them," I said picking up my walkie. "Come in, Steve, over," I said into the device.

My voice echoed back from across the room, Lucus held up the other walkie. "It looks like we're out of luck, I have the other one," he said.

"Why do we need to get ahold of them anyway?" Dustin asked.

"Because it's a trap, Vecnas luring them back into the upside-down," I yelled.
We were wasting precious time hovering around elevens motionless body. We're going to need more people, I thought. "Where are Joyce and Hopper?" I asked looking at Johnathan.

"Moms been busy leading search party's and helping at the school, and Hopper was hammered with questions the moment people found him alive. But right now he's out with mom at the school," he answered.

"Okay, call the school, tell them his house is on fire, anything to get them out here," I said watching Johnathan pick up the landline.

"What about Erica," Dustin asked.

"Oh no, my little sister might act brave, and like she knows everything, but after what happened to Max, she is not leaving the house. Mom put her on house arrest, so she's helping pack to evacuate," Lucus answered.

"So we're down two soldiers," Dustin added.

Sighing I was about to let go of Elevens hand when she started to shake. Looking over, blood began dripping from her nose again and she looked like she was in pain.

"We need to do something!" I shouted, "her body is here but her consciousness is stuck."

"I think she's fighting Vecna, and I can feel something much larger,  almost like the mind flare, but different," Will said, his hand palming the back of his neck.

Eyes wide we all cast worried glances at Eleven who was now thrashing her arms around.

"They can't make it, something just exploded at Hawkins lab, their heading over to check it out," Johnathan interrupted, while clicking the receiver down.

"Did you tell them the situation?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands down.

"Yea, and it looks like the explosion might be part of this, they're just not sure how yet," Johnathan replied.

Piles of problems where coming down all at once. First, Eddie, apparently he was a lure to make us go into the upside-down again, which was working. We all had to get back there to save El and Eddie before the others walked into a trap. Next was the Hawkins lab explosion, it could have been a gas leak, but Hopper thought it was to sudden and to suspicious of a location for that to happen. The biggest problem by far was the new monster Will felt, if Vecna was controlling it, then we had to prepare ourselves for battle.

*Steve's POV*

"You guys don't think it's weird how Eddie went back to the place he escaped death from, not once, but twice," I said.