Borys the red dragon and sleeping beauty

*Eddies POV*

Dirt flew as I hit the ground, the impact creating a crater around me. I crawled out of the hole gasping from shock and clutching my injuries as they pulsed in pain. Blood seeped through my fingers that were placed across my stomach. Surprisingly I found no new injuries, just reopened old ones.

I watched the car speed off around a curve and disappear. I grunted and rolled to my back, when suddenly a voice came from in my head.

"Eddie, return to me, I got what I wanted," I heard Vecna order.

I grabbed my head in anger and confusion, "You can't control me anymore!" I shouted, "leave me, and everyone else alone!"

"I'm afraid it's much to late, you see you were the bait, Eleven is trapped because she helped you get free from my control. Although I must admit, I wasn't planning on your escape, but you still are part of my domain, and I'm calling you home. Unless you want Eleven dead, I would suggest you return, immediately," he hissed in my mind.

His presence vanished and I lay panting on the ground trying to catch my breath, and to process what the hell just happened. Every time he came I was either sleeping or on drugs, maybe I should quit the second one, I thought. I couldn't allow myself to be a burden anymore, if I had to go back to save the girl, I would gladly sacrifice my life again.

I stumbled to my feet and made my way to the tree line, internal agony piercing me with every step. Attempting to launch back in the air, I wavered until I flew almost normally back to the gate. In the corner of my eye I saw the car coming around to the spot I fell. As I flew away tears formed in my eyes and feelings of regret swamped me, I could only pray the others would forget me, and help El.

*Mikes POV*

Waiting for what seemed like hours I watched over El. Her body twitched at times but suddenly she shot up, eyes rolled back, and blood dripping down her nose.

"Don't go after Eddie, it's a trap," was all she said as she fell back onto the cushions.

"El! El?" I shouted and gently shook her. She didn't stir again, but her breathing was back to normal, so I wiped the blood from her nose and waited some more.

*Elevens POV*

As vines covered me I struggled to escape. Remembering Mike, and what he told me the last time I was caught in a similar situation, I managed to yank the vines off my mouth and send a message to him. Hopefully short and sweet would do because Vecna was approaching.

"Don't go after Eddie, it's a trap!" Was all I managed before the vines creeped back over my mouth.

"Now Eleven, that won't do," Henry spoke. "You will sit here and watch as I destroy the ones you love, for good this time." He said while creating a rift through the red, allowing me to see everyone at once.

In one hole I watched Mike sitting beside my physical body, most of the others bursting in the cabin door. The other one showed Nancy, Steve, and Robin on the side of a road walking. But the last was the worst, it was Eddie, and he was flying back into the gate.

My eyes widened as Henry began to explain, "If you think you managed a victory by freeing Eddie, your wrong. I can still speak with him at any time, and he's a loyal one. Maybe not to me, but to you. See he's sacrificing himself once again to save you," he said smiling.

I yanked at my restraints, trying to mentally push them away, but with no effect.

"Now that your out of the picture, I can finally release my pet," Henry said pointing at Eddie's frame.

In the rift Eddie was in, I saw he was almost at Hawkins lab in the upside-down. But suddenly the building started to cave in on itself, something large and red breaking free from beneath.

*Eddies POV*

Nearing the last place I saw Vecna, I halted mid-air because of the sound of crumbling bricks that happened to be collapsing in front of me. I stared as the building fell apart, debris flying, crushing nearly half the army of monsters. The most shocking part was  the thing that caused the disaster, a huge cloud of red with three heads almost resembling a dragon, appeared from the rubble.

Landing on a tree branch all I could do was watch as the new monster took giant steps, crushing more of the creatures and swatting at the bats flying around its head.

"Like what you see?" I heard a voice from below call up.

Looking down I found Vecna leaning against the tree, he was watching with glee as the red giant created destruction with every step it took. A burst of adrenaline helped me push past the fear and pain as I leapt from my hiding spot and landed next to the villain.

"What do you want from me," I boldly yelled at him, my hands shaking from both fear and anger as he leaned down to speak.

"To lead an army," he whispered. "I'm appointing you as my general, you best obey each order, or I think you know what happens."

I glared daggers at him, my mouth twitching fighting to retaliate, but to scared to spew any curses.

Laughing, Vecna walked towards the red cloud. He reached his hands out and it came to him, I stared in shock, backing against the tree as it turned to face me with its glowing eyes.

"He is wired to kill, even you, if you go astray," Vecna said while turning back to me.

I nodded, my eyes wide, and thinking I would need a change of pants after this.  

"For now we wait," he said as he pulled me away and into his red domain. I glanced around and saw Eleven hanging from a post, vines chaining her to it. Around her were Vecnas victims, everyone but Max was there. I stared at Chrissy's deformed body and choked back a cry as I took a step back.

*Maxs POV*

I was scared to die, I couldn't see, and pain clouded my head as Lucus spoke to me. I heard him scream for Erica as I slipped into darkness, the pain dissolving. Next thing I knew I was in a dark place and laying in water. Eleven was kneeling next to me and crying, I could see her as she tried to revive me. I must have passed out because after that I couldn't hear anything for a while. The only noise that come to me was Lucus from time to time. It felt like a lucid dream, I could hear his stories and he kept me updated on what was happening in the world, but I slept on.

I think I was just to scared to wake up. I was safe here in a death trance, Vecna couldn't harm me here, I thought. I'm not sure how time passed in here, but one day I felt a cry of help coming from El. She was screaming desperately for someone to come to the rescue.

The connection she shared with me to keep me alive was what brought me to her. I was back in the red domain and as the memory's came crashing over me, bringing back the trauma, I nearly left to go back to my hiding spot.

But Els voice pulled me back. "Max! Your here?" She whispered in surprise. "Why are you here?" She asked.

I shrugged and made my way to her. "I could ask you the same thing," I said.

"It's a long story, but it'll have to wait, he'll be back soon," she responded, a smile breaking across her tear stained face.

Looking around frantically in search of the man who almost killed me, I began to work quickly, ripping the vines that help my friend captive.

"After this is all over, promise me you'll come back," Eleven said while hugging me.

I felt weak just by being here, I don't know if I had the strength to wake back up. But for now I could only give encouragement to a friend who was losing a war.

"I promise," I said as I began to fade. The feeling of Elevens arms around me disappearing as I slipped back into a coma.

*Elevens POV*

Max melted away and I returned to my spot at the post. Pretending to still be a captive I waited for Henry to return to make my move.