Puppet Master

*Eddies POV*

"You know I would have let the kid go into my head willingly if you just sat down and explained it to me. You didn't have to go the extra mile," I lied. Truthfully in my current state, I didn't want any more people in my head, I could feel Vecna in the back of my mind after making that twisted deal. But Steve didn't know that, so if he thought I would have done it freely, it was for the best.

"Look I said I was sorry, so can we forgive and forget," he said as we pulled into the driveway.

Honestly, I already forgave them, if I was in their shoes I'd be suspicious of me too. "Yeah man, I just need a breather, a break from this," I said gesturing at myself and heading for the guest room.

"Sure, you need time to think, I get it," Steve said walking to his room, "if you need me you know where I am."

I shuffled through my duffel bag and pulling out a pack of blunts I took from the trailer, I shoved them and a lighter into my pocket. Opening the window I willed my wings to grow and jumped.

Wait I never flew before. I started to plummet to the ground but before I could let out a cry for help, my wings moved on their own and I started to rise into the air.

Getting the hang of flapping my wings and moving my body to turn, I stayed low and away from people. I flew aimlessly but ended up dropping down beside the Sattler Quarry. Sitting on the edge and looking over the water I lit a blunt and put it to my lips to inhale the familiar taste. Relaxing after a couple of hits I sat staring at nothing and thought about how I could fix this mistake.

"Look who came all alone," I heard a voice behind me say. I whipped my head around and there stood Vecna, but instead of a man, he was a no nose freak with a bluish tint.

"Your not real," I shouted throwing a rock at him.

"Oh but I am, and I'm here to give you orders," he said with a grin as the rock bounced off him. "Your my toy, and as such I'm going to play with you as much as I like," laughing he sauntered over to me and put his disheveled hand on my shoulder. His mangled paw tore into my skin and I yelped trying to free myself from his grasp.

"No, no love, there's no running this time, now listen," he sternly voiced.

I sat as still as possible, knowing if I moved I'd be hurt worse than a couple of fingernails digging into my skin.

"I am certainly real, just in your head, but I need help fixing that. Currently, I am in a weakened state and I need you to free me from this hell. So tonight you will come and you will be alone, trust me I'll know if your not, and you'll help me escape so I can purge the outside world from its disease," He said next to my ear in a snake-like voice.

I simply nodded and he let go of my shoulder. Before vanishing he said, "good boy, I'll see you tonight."

My eyelids flung open and I looked around. I was still by the quarry and my blunt was burning out between my fingers. Flicking it away I stood on shaking legs and leaned over to puke my anxiety out. Wiping my mouth on my sleeve I went bat mode and flew as fast as possible back to Steve's. Along the way, it started to rain, lightning caressed the skyline as I reached his house. Climbing through the window soaking wet I put my wings away and pulled off my dripping shirt.

"I know you needed time alone, but where did you go, and why were you gone all evening," I heard Steve whisper from the corner of the room.