five

07.05 * austin, texas

audriana

I sat next to Angel, holding his hand as complete silence filled the room

I sat next to Angel, holding his hand as complete silence filled the room. Other than the beeping from the monitor.

It's been a little over six hours since we first arrived. As soon as we got here, they took Angel into emergency surgery to remove the bullet from the right side of his body, next to his armpit.

"He should be coming to pretty soon." The nurse gave me a soft smile as she entered the room. "How are you holding up?"

I nodded slowly. "I'm okay. Tired, but grateful."

"I can bring you a couple of warm blankets if you would like to lay down and get a nap in."

"I'll take the warm blankets, but I don't think I'll be napping anytime soon."

Everyone had already been by the hospital, even Dayna. The earliest that he can be released is tomorrow morning so I volunteered to stay over night with him. Everyone agreed, and once he had successfully made it out of surgery, they all headed back to the hotel.

McKenzie and Amere were coming back to drop me off some clothes and food, and to hang out before visiting hours are over.

The nurse came back in with the warm blankets just as Angel started shifting in the hospital bed.

"There you are." She said softly to Angel, making sure his wiring didn't tangle as he moved around. "Careful, careful now."

He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around the room, his expression softening once his eyes landed on me.

"Can you tell me your name?" The nurse asked him as she began to take his vitals.

Angel cleared his throat. "Angel. Angel Roman"

"Date of birth?"

"October eighteenth, two-thousand and one."

"And do you know where you are right now?"

"Inna hospital."

"And do you know this young lady over here?" The nurse gestured towards me.

Angel smiled. "Audriana."

"And do you know why you're here?"

He rubbed his right hand over his face, wincing at the pain he must have felt on his right side. "Shit." He hissed. "Cause'a this."

"Mhm." She nodded, fixing his pillows behind him so he could get in a more comfortable position. "There was a bullet in your pectoralis major. It didn't cause any damage to any of your vital organs, but it was pretty deep so it was best to remove it. As your wound is healing, it is very important to make sure you stay as comfortable as possible, and don't overwork yourself. The nurse will go over more of that for you tomorrow once you get released. For now, we can have soft foods. Are you hungry?"