Seven

Seven

                                              Physical Strength

                     When I entered the next room, it was littered with weapons of all kinds, shields, and even armor. " Hello Miss Vara, in this room you will be demonstrating your physical strength by fighting a test dummy. This dummy will not hold back so we suggest you do the same, and the use of essence is strictly prohibited." Said a tall studious man dressed in a navy blue tunic and trousers with gray shoes, a stern look pasted on his rugged face. I nodded and went to choose a weapon that would suit me well.

I picked up countless weapons but none felt right until I saw an empty hilt just resting on the floor. Curiosity getting the better of me I picked it up, as I did it began to glow green and a long blade wrapped in thorny vines began to grow as if it had a mind of its own. "Whoa!" I said, completely shocked and apparently I wasn't the only one surprised as the stern faced proctor was completely aghast. "Ahem, continue Miss Vara." As he said this he nodded to one of his subordinates who did something outside my eye line. Suddenly there was a clunking noise as a hidden door revealed itself a tall 6 armed figure trudged out of it, the door sealing it in with me.

       That was when its arms revealed sharp jagged blades wickedly gleaming at me. Suddenly it began its attack swiping at me with unimaginable speed. Without even trying I dogged and quickly advanced, my body moving on its own. I slashed and jabbed at it but it was unfortunately very quick as I misstepped and it sent me flying backwards. I hit the wall crying out as a pinprick of pain shot through my head causing me to see black spots. Suddenly I tasted something metallic in my mouth, blood most likely. As I slowly stood up trying to catch my breath the dummy attacked again, nearly missing my head as I dogged.

Suddenly my surroundings began to fade, zeroing in on the test dummy. As my crest began to burn and glow a light green light engulfed my entire body covering me with its warmth. When the dummy attacked again It hit the strange light and was thrown back with enough force to leave a massive crater in the wall.

    "That's incredible! Alright, end the exam You passed!" The proctor shouted excitedly. I what? As I became aware of my surroundings once more the strange green light faded leaving me strangely unscathed and energized. " I passed?" I was surprised. " Yes, now please proceed onto the next exam." The proctor said, his whole demeanor had changed and he looked extremely happy. I looked down at my weapon which had shifted back into a hilt. " Could I keep this?" I asked, holding up the hilt. " Yeah go ahead, you've definitely earned it." I bowed gratefully and walked out of the physical strength exam room.

      Before entering the next room I sat down on the floor with my back resting on the wall. What on earth was that I thought to myself staring intently at the strange hilt.  That's when I noticed initials carved onto it E.D. What could these mean? I pondered. As I prepared for the next exam three kids about my age walked up to me. " Hi, you must be Vara. I'm Ina, this is Thomas and Clara." The girl said introducing herself and her friends. " Hi. Nice to make your acquaintance."