Eleven

Eleven

                                                                      Discovery

                I walked towards my room, my head spinning. What? What the hell does Edwin mean by true form? I thought as I plopped myself down on my bed, my head in my hands. I opened my grimoire and leafed through the pages. Let's see if I have any skills that would help with Jonah's situation. Much to my dismay I couldn't find any. Feeling defeated, I closed my eyes for only a brief moment. When I opened them again I found out that I'd fallen asleep. " What time is it?" I ask aloud looking outside. The suns were rising through the clouds. "Looks like I slept until morning." I say, stretching. It was a beautiful day which seemed like a mockery to Jonah's situation. I freshened up and went downstairs for breakfast. Everyone except Jonah was sitting down eating. I suddenly didn't feel hungry so I walked past everyone and headed towards the gardens. Being surrounded by nature always helped clear my mind.

As I watered the evercactus my mind seemed to wander. Jonah's current situation had me thinking: ' Do I have a secret that I don't know about'? I finished watering them and went upstairs to my room and allowed sleep to take hold. After my nap I continued training my essence and I learned two new skills: 'Nature's Aura: when excessively attacked One enters a state as their essence engulfs them making them unimaginably stronger. This is a defense mechanism that was always there just inactive until one started using their essence, Nature's Nightscape: When angered one puts opponents into hellish dreamscapes that depict countless deaths by nature.'  I stare at the first one, my mind going back to the strength exam and how I destroyed that creepy test dummy. The other skill seemed to pique my interest as well.

I stared down at the skills with caution. Memories of what happened at the school kept flashing through my mind. ' What if it happens again and I don't stop in time.' I thought, my heart hammering in my chest. Instead of dwelling on my past mistakes I decided to focus on my present. I grabbed my Sheel   Blade and decided to carve some runes into my new sword. I get out of bed for what seems like the hundredth time and head back down to the training room.

Pulling out the sword hilt I examined it, my fingers brushing over the engraved initials: E.D.  Suddenly strange people who seemed familiar flickered through my mind. A man about 5,10 with wavy light brown hair and bright yellow green eyes that matched my own was there talking to what seemed to be a younger version of Edwin, his normally gray hair was black lined with dark blue streaks. I couldn't make out what they were saying. That's when I saw something familiar: This very sword! My eyes widened as the realization hit me: This strange man was my father!

 That's when I saw something familiar: This very sword! My eyes widened as the realization hit me: This strange man was my father!