Sixteen

Sixteen

A Foreboding Mission

The girl- Nirah and I talked for hours and I came to find out she was the daughter of one of the smartest and strongest elites In all of Azaria. Three hours have passed and the twin suns had set and only soft white lights from the library's essence lamps were on. We were in a deep conversation about rune combinations.
" So if you combine a wood rune with a flame rune you can create unlimited torches. Although I don't think we'd need them anyway considering we use essence lamps for light."

Nirah said, her silver eyes shimmering with unbridled passion. Suddenly my face began to heat as I blushed. " Are you ok? You look a little flushed." She worried Her cute face was the very picture of concern. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a little tired is all." I lied, my heart pounding in my ears. Just then Edwin came up to me and told me that we were leaving for the night. I quickly said goodbye to Nirah and grabbed the book from earlier and followed him to the self-checkout counter.

When we got home after supper Edwin and I poured over the books we checked out from the library. We came across a few peculiar things but nothing worthy of note. We were down to the last book, Azaria's Folklore and Darkest Secrets. It was the book I saw right before meeting Nirah and getting distracted from my original goal. Images of Nirah's bright silver eyes and mahogany skin flashed through my head. I blushed profusely as I began reading the first page.

"Since The dawn of time darkness and light have fought in an endless war for dominance. In order for this war to end Earshas and their lesser counterparts Deities created two factions: Lirah and Dira. A Crystal was created by combining the powers of creation and destruction. The Earshas placed this Crystal deep within the center of Azaria never to be found again. Ten years later one of the deities sought the destructive power of the crystal and sent his followers to retrieve it and imbue it with his chaos magic. Doing this he corrupted the Crystal which created strange creatures of pure hatred. Fearing this threat the Earshas sealed their power within the deepest darkest part of the world only awakening when a select few were born. These people will be the only ones able to defeat the creatures and locate the Crystal and quell the chaos magic within it. Along the way these heroes will meet someone who isn't who they say they are and from there they will face countless losses and endanger the lives of both sects. Fear not there is a way to reveal this traitor and save their world from utter chaos and destruction. Find the key to all six realms. Then they will be able to unlock immense power to destroy their enemies and save the world."

I closed the book and stared at the firelight on my ceiling pondering over what I'd just read. "I'm guessing that those select few are us. I need to tell Edwin of this, our very future depends on what we do!" I said, rubbing my temples in frustration. "Edwin I think I just found the answer to all our questions, here take a look." I told him as I passed him the book and waited semi patiently for him to finish reading it.

Edwin's eyes flicked down the page, growing more surprised by the second. "So that's why you four are so incredibly powerful. The power that the Ershas stowed away somehow found it's way into you guys. You must be the heroes in this story." Edwin Said, a finger on his graying beard. "There's some questions that's been nagging me for the past few minutes, What are these creatures and when will they appear?" I asked, looking at Edwin for answers I knew he couldn't give me.