Fourteen

Fourteen

A Dark Prophecy

" They want to do what!?" I shout, my anger rising. I could feel my essence reacting to my current emotion as my aura started to form. " Vara, calm down, I know exactly how you feel but we don't know why they want him. I'll see what I can do to find out. In the meantime how about you let off some steam in the training room." He suggested as he went to open the door again. I stood defiantly, my aura dimmed a little as my emotions shifted."I will never let anyone touch my friends." I said putting as much finality in my tone as possible.

Edwin looked exasperated at my stubborn behavior but I could see that he had given up on arguing. " Fine but don't attack them, I don't want to have the deities on my back again." He said looking at me sternly, his light blue eyes pleading.
I nodded my answer and he opened the door and led the suspicious characters towards the guest house located at the back of the manor. " What did he mean by again?" I muttered aloud.

When they had entered the guest house I immediately strode over to hear what they were saying: " So if you don't mind me asking what do you want with Jonah exactly?" Edwin's deep tone reverberated through the mahogany door. " We follow the prophecy given to us by our lord and it states that the one who will bring utter shadow upon this wretched world and our lord will take us with him to rule this world together." An extremely scratchy voice answered slightly maniacally. Without even thinking I bursted into the room, my aura glowing harshly.

Edwin immediately stood up with a warning in his eyes. I ignored him and confronted these insane bastards. "Do you think we will just let you take him with you without a fight?!" I shouted, my druid form beginning to show itself. They stared at me with cold lifeless eyes and gave us an impossible choice: " We know a lot more about his current situation than you do. Either you give him to us or we kill everyone here.

I was torn between my own self preservation and helping my friend and my family. My mind whirled through a series of scenarios where we get out of this with the odds in our favor. Unfortunately I came up empty and my druid form began to fade as my emotions dwindled to utter despair l burned holes in their backspace and walked towards the infirmary towards the only family I had. Sadnesses replaced the despair that gripped my heart in its cold ironlike vise.

As they walked towards the doo holding Jonah's chrysalis out the door and dissolved into purple mist leaving a Jonah sized hole within my heart.

The past six weeks I threw myself into training to distract myself from anything else. Between training I spent the majority of my day in the sprawling library searching for a way to get Jonah back home. I found an old and dusty black book titled: The Dark Prophecy. I immediately grabbed it and sat on the floor not caring about how dirty it was. The book read: To rule the world with darkness one must have three items and one elite. To destroy the ershas and,have darkness spread over every river, mountain, and creek.

Unfortunately the rest of the book was blank as if it was hiding something else. I took the book and ran up to Edwin's study and showed him what I learned. He looked at it over his face, getting paler by the second. "I had a feeling about this when I first saw Jonah's essence type." He said, glancing over at me. "This prophecy isn't the first and it's definitely not the last."

I looked at him and asked "So what do we do about it?" He walked towards the back of his study and tapped a hidden rune. " As you might've already guessed, I have a few more secrets about you and your friends. Come follow me." He said as his entire study transformed before my eyes.