Yale Blue

Author's Note: This story will include a portrayal of BDSM relationship, it'll also include abuse from father to son (Kan to Vegas), and allusions to abuse from father to son (Pete's dad to Pete). If any of that bothers you, please click out. :) If I add anything that may be triggering in the future, I will make sure to make an announcement about that when I post the chapter! Updates will be made as I finish writing the chapters, so no schedule. I hope you enjoy!

-

PETE

Was it Steel Blue? But it seemed darker than that. Perhaps Yale Blue? It was difficult matching colors when all he had was some google images with names of colors pulled up and all the charts had the names of the colors matching different sorts of blues. It had him letting out a sigh as his eyes flicked from his phone to his boss' shirt, trying as hard as he could to match the color.

At least the small flowers that dotted the shirt were clearly Baby Pink. The leaves? Pete would just settle on green. The blue though—there was something about that color that captured his attention. According to the internet, blue was a calming and serene color that could represent intelligence and responsibility. It could also signify depth and power.

These were all things Pete saw when he looked at Vegas Theerapanyakun.

Other things he saw when he looked at Vegas Theerapanyakun was a confidence unlike Pete had ever seen before, and he'd seen confidence. But there was something about the way the man held himself, back straight, head tilted up, eyes staring directly into a person's face, as if he were looking down at you from his tall height—except Mr. Vegas was about the same as Pete. In fact, he was a little shorter, a bit more slender, leaner than Pete was.

Not that Pete paid attention or anything, it was just—it's hard not to look at Vegas Theerapanyakun. Especially when he was his direct boss, the leader of the sales division of Theerapanyakun Pharmaceuticals.

Pete had worked for T.K.P. since before he had even graduated college. He'd managed to score an internship for his first semester of his final year and had impressed the then CEO (who had retired in the last couple of years and passed the reins over to his son Kinn) so much that he'd been offered a full-time job to start as soon as he graduated. Pete would've been an idiot to pass up on the opportunity. So it'd been nearly five years that he'd been at this desk, and Pete was good at his job. Generally, he didn't get distracted from his work.

It was only recently that it changed with the arrival of Vegas as the new lead of the sales division, and that's when Pete found his concentration starting to wane somewhat.

The office was hot. It was one of the hottest days of the year and Pete's little fan on his desk was barely working. It sputtered, mostly churning the hot air that surrounded him to create a slight movement, but it didn't cool Pete off any.

He shifted at his desk, looking towards his monitor where sales plans for the upcoming new drug the company was going to be pushing taunted him and his inability to focus. Pete's eyes fell back to his phone screen and the color chart before lifting towards Vegas as he stood talking to another employee, going over some papers in a folder that he held.

The shirt was definitely Yale Blue.

Hands grabbed at his shoulders, jolting Pete from his thoughts. He jumped, his phone nearly tumbling from his hands and to the floor beneath his desk.

"What are you looking at?" His friend Porsche asked from over his shoulder, reaching to grab his phone. Pete quickly closed out of the browser and dropped his phone on his desk. His cheeks felt warm for some reason and his heart pounded in his chest. "I can't see? Were you looking at porn or something?"