disastrously fallen

A/N: No, you are not imagining things. This is an update. Right? Bet you never thought that was going to happen, did you? lol I can't promise super regular updates, but I will say I am going to be working on it. My focus right now is original stuff. Currently working on a practice novel I HOPE to finish and upload at some point. Honestly, this year has just been... the absolute worst. Anyone in the fandom knows the nightmare that's been going on since January, and then in April my father unfortunately passed away so it's just been--yeah, an absolute shit year, but I'm hoping to turn this 2nd half around.

So while updates will come, I can't promise when, but I do promise I'm not giving up on Duplicity and maybe at some point I might even upload more VegasPete one-shots or stories (FYI i have way more available on AO3 than I do here on wattpad. you can find the link to my AO3 on my profile or just search up minkit). Who knows?

Oh, and if I find anyone puts any of my stories into AI shit like ChatGPT or whatever else there is, I WILL be deleting all of my fics and only making them available to very specific ppl on a different, non-public site or something. :) Do not do that cuz its a shitty thing to do. Thanks.

-

PETE

Whatever Pete had expected from a job working as Tankhun's assistant, the reality far exceeded his expectations. Pete, who was used to a more rigid schedule, found himself following the flamboyant whimsies of the perfect example of a Drama Queen. And 'dramatic' was a mild way of describing Tankhun.

The most shocking part about this to Pete? He actually didn't hate it.

After initially getting out of the interview with Tankhun, he wondered if the job would be a good fit for him. Needing a job and realizing the pay was more than good sealed the deal for him. Tankhun Theerapanyakul's assistant position would have to do.

He didn't expect it to turn out to be such a good distraction.

Three weeks ago, Tankhun hired Pete. Also three weeks ago, Tawan returned from his trip abroad and the affair that he and Vegas were having, for the first time, felt like an actual affair.

The name of the feeling Pete experienced while sneaking around with Vegas while actively dating Maprang escaped him. While there could be no denying he'd cheated on her, at the time it hadn't felt like that. It'd felt liberating. Tawan being out of the country and not someone either of them consciously had to worry about, all of Vegas' attention had been solely on Pete. And Pete liked it that way.

Now all of Vegas' attention was on Tawan.

Like Pete ate something bad and suffered the consequences from it, his stomach soured at the thought. Recently, Pete hardly talked to Vegas, let alone saw him. Apparently, Tawan clung and attached himself to Vegas' hip all but constantly. Pete should have expected it to hurt, but the reality of the situation never quite sunk in until now.

Agitated and anxious, the symptoms of being without Vegas felt like withdrawal. If he compared Vegas to his nicotine and he'd been forced to go without for an entire month, shouldn't things eventually get easier? Except, unlike the cigarettes Pete smoked (of which he'd smoked a lot more lately), being without Vegas got harder every day.

Was this what being in love was like? If so, Pete couldn't say he liked it very much, yet, at the same time, he didn't want to change it, even if he could.

But this meant that he'd have to suffer by the side-lines, "the other man" at the edge of the relationship between Vegas and Tawan. Vegas didn't care about Tawan, not like how Vegas cared about him, but that didn't matter. That wasn't the point of their relationship.