Chapter 7: Costello

Hunter

"Mum you're old right?" I asked stirring my dinner which was mainly soup and mash. I was dwelling on the events from earlier and the tiny dancer's weird accent. Not to mention the Berdidi DamDam guy in class who call her Caz Costello. It could be speech impairment when he pronounced Cas as Caz but Hale was too far to rhyme with Costello..not in a long shot

"I'm glad you noticed Hun" my mum spoke sarcastically making Colton snort out some of his soup which caused Savannah to laugh. I rolled my eyes at their antics

"D'you know a family that lived here called Costello?" I asked noticing my mother's eyes widen just like my professor who grew nervous when the family name Costello was brought up. Hell he didn't even give Cas a slip for turning up late.

"Listen carefully Hunter Kale Iphraim Knight. If you get involved with a Costello you might as well sleep with a gun under your pillow." She assess me before arching an eyebrow.

"Is there something you're not telling me Hunter?" She asked and I could already feel the impending rage that she was about to release if I said the wrong answer. Could Cassidy be related to the Costellos that my mum spoke of brutally. Was I barking up the wrong tree or was I the tree, I'll never know with that girl. She was an enigma. You can tell from her eyes and the way she assessed everything around her

"No, I just heard a boy in class mention them...what happened to them anyway" I lied through my tongue hoping my mother would think anything of it. She nodded doubtfully before she replied.

"From what I heard the family flew back to Italy for an arranged marriage...poor girl she was around 15 or so at that time...never heard from them since. She was so nice too, you used to have a crush on her...I recall you picking my flowers and leaving them at their porch I think her name was Ca-" she winked before going into deep thought as she spoke thoughtfully until a knock was heard from the door I groaned internally as I watched my mum go to the door. How come I don't remember any of this. Ca- what?! Catherine, Cassandra, Castiel, Calypso, Candy....Caz? Cassidy?!

"Mum I-" I immediately shut up when I saw who was by the door smiling innocently her deranged fashion sense struck me with recognition and I found myself staring at her. The same burgundy hair waving in the harsh wind as the loose Pantera tank to she wore flew with breeze and lifted a little revealing a portion of her toned stomach, her ripped leggings sported an assortment of studs and she wore her signature boots.

"Lovely evening Mrs. Knight um Colton invited me?" She asked unsure at where or why my brick head brother incited her. Just as the asshole in question came bounding down the stairs and immediately grinned when he saw Cas, she's in good terms with all of my siblings? But she can stand to see my face... I am not ugly. Fact.

"What up baby girl" Colton smirked intentionally bumping me with his shoulder and I swear if my mum weren't here I'd kick his ass. She's like 5 yrs older than you. Colton is bigger player than I am...but he doesn't know what Age is, the kid is 14 for pete's fucking sake.

"What up big daddy" Cas smirked and gave him a wink and amidst all of this my mother was just chuckling at their antics but I swear my glare couldn't get any worse than this. Right then she looked at me, then looked away and followed Colton to his room.

"Such a nice girl" my mum commented.

If only you knew.

Caz Costello who are you? Cassidy Hale....who are you?

"So Mum about the Costello girl" I asked once more as she sliced up some papayas probably for Savannah.

"Oh don't fuss Hunter, the girl is probably somewhere in Italy the Costello family where very manipulative and dangerous, they were believed to be part of some sort of criminal organization of some sort. " she shook her head. I bowed my head in thought how am I only finding out about this when I lived here all my life. It was news to me that this happened but of course I was of young age. I forgot her name but I couldn't forget her eyes, her eyes that were of different color one a light shade of gray that was almost blue and the other a deep green lined with hazel. Terrifying but very beautiful.

"The Mafia" a voice behind us quipped, so timidly as if she was discussing a secret. My mother didn't nor did I but she continued "their daughter escaped Italia with her best friend they ran away and stole their riches and lived as vigilantes...nameless" she said through gritted teeth my mum coughed awkwardly and as if Cas realized where she was she shook her and smiled

"At least that's what they told me" she smiled sadly before turning to look at me...her eyes the same shade of the lightest grey nearly blue but they were both of the same color.

"Hunter, Colton asked me to ask you if you had his other controller" she squirmed and I just stared at her nodding mindlessly she was piece of a puzzle that couldn't fit in anywhere. A ball that didn't match any court. She was Cassidy Hale...or was she?

I didn't know anymore

"Yeah, come with me its in my room" I replied hopping off the stool and climbing up the stair as she followed behind me her steps were delicate and you barely hear her steps but I could feel her presence, it was overwhelming and intoxicating both at the same time. I pushed open the door to my room and saw the controller on my desk. She went inside going over to the desk where some old photos for displayed. The one with me holding yellow daisies for our pretty neighbor. I could never remember her name but her eyes hunted me until I was 15.

"Daisies are lovely flowers" she smirked before walking out controller in hand.