Chapter 11: Strategy

Hunter

"You're limping" I sighed watching as once again Cassidy tried to walk by herself. She has been restless this past few days. The information that she found out got to her. She continues to walk...well...limp..all around the place claiming that she had to train herself for combat.

"Shut up" she groaned balancing herself against the wall and bouncing slightly but in the end hissing in pain.

"Cas will you just-"

"Shut up Colton!" She yelled, then sudden realization dawned on her faced as her lips quivered but she refused to let a tear slip. She shook her head and exhaled a deep breath before continuing her attempts to walk as if she had said nothing. She turned her back to me ending the conversation but I had enough of being left in the dark. Last time I checked I was the one on the hit list. I deserve to know this kind of stuff.

"Who's Colton?" I asked, the Tiny Dancer stiffened and pretended to hear nothing as she continued to balance herself. I sighed I wasn't going to let this go.

"I know you heard me, Cassidy. I'm not letting this go so better tell me now" I crossed my arms in front of my chest as she began to turn around. I did not expect to be faced with a tear stained face that belonged to the fearless Cassidy Hale. I rushed to her and held her in my arms.

"He's dead" she mumbled softly as she whimpered in my arms soft hiccups causing waves of tremors in her body.

"Who baby?" I asked curiously gently lifting her up by the back of her knees and taking her to the sofa.

"Colton.... I'm the reason he died. I could've saved him, Hunter!" She wailed gripping my shirt and sobbing into my chest. I never thought there would be a day where I'll see Cas breakdown. I caressed her head and told her to let it all out. I wasn't good with comforting girls or anyone crying for that matter but I couldn't stand watching Cassidy cry. It was heartbreaking.

"Y'know my father died right before my eyes. He told me: Hunter why don't you cry? I told him I was a man dad although tears were already brimming and pooling at my eyes by then. He laughed in my face. He told me you're a boy then Hunter because it takes a real men to accept his feelings. I don't know how Colton died Cas, but I'm sure he's happy your alive" I smiled as she look up at me. She wiped her eyes but her frown was in place

"If you were given a choice between staying alive or saving a friend given the circumstances that both of you were in danger, what would you do?" She asked seriously

"I'd save myself but if there was a way to save us both I'd do it" I answered immediately. Tears started fall from her eyes but her face was stoic

"It was our anniversary back then. Cynthia despised us because we kept a relationship stronger than the bed she uses with all the guys she slept with" she said filled with so much venom.

"She didn't like being jealous, she always has to be the one who is at advantage. We had wonderful evening spent that day but everything turned to shit when we woke up tied to chairs in a putrid smelling room, they drugged our food. She gave us a choice one of us lives or both of us die" she shook her head as tears continued to spill. I squeezed her hand to let her know I'm her for her. She looked up and gave me a sad smile.

"I didn't get to chose. Colton didn't let me. He told me to shut up, he told me he didn't love me and he's rather die than be with and he'd be glad knowing that I'll love knowing how horrible I am. It was all an act he played so I could live, I know because moments before he died he gave me this ring. He was going to marry me" she sobbed gripping on to me tightly.

"I'm not letting her take you Hunter" she mumbled holding me tighter.

"I'm not going anywhere Cas, I can't even if I tried...I-I love you too much" she looked up in a shock and I wanted to take the words back, she just told you about her dead ex boyfriend and you drop the I love you bomb to her?! Wtf were you thinking.

"I think......."

-----------
Cassidy's reply will be on the next chapter.

Izzz goonnnn bee nicceeee truztttt meeee miiii darllingzzzzz