his dearest miquella

His fingers danced along the edge of the book's spine, just enough to etch it out of the highest row in the bookshelf of one of the royal capitol's libraries.

There, Miquella sat on the floor with feet curled up to his chest and book in both hands as he reads to himself. His mouth opened with curiosity and wonder at each page, deep in concentration.

Just when he can get to the interesting point, the  piece of non-fiction was pulled out of his hands and he lets out a inaudible cry, his hands reaching up to the sky.

"Good read?"

The youngest boy pouted,

"Would've been if you hadn't taken it from me, Remus!"

"Oh I'm sorry, dearest Miquella." Remus's mocking tone slips out of his grin. "I didn't know..The History of Fire Giants was such an interesting book to read." He eyes the cover. A dull green was a speck of dust across the tile. "Looks boring to me."

"Ahem, it's super fascinating! The consecrated snowfield was home to the fire giants! They were grand, almost close as the size of an erdtree!" The boy exasperated his hands out of excitement, thinking of their orange fur and the flames they'd bestow in the palm of their hands. His eyes glimmered but with a slump, he remembered the conclusion. Though Remus took the books, he did caught the terrible ending.

"But Godfrey..he.."

Remus looked down to his feet,

"Yes, sadly they were all killed. It is said none exist."

Miquella further pouted,

"..Yes." And then emptiness settled the library. It grew uncomfortable for the shadow, so much so he let out an awkward laugh before deciding to change the subject entirely.

"Enough of that gloomy nonsense! Say, I actually came here to invite you to a game! Malenia and I are going to play bandits and knights at the Lendyll plaza. Want to come along?"

Miquella squeeze his knees close to his chest,

"Nuh uh! You guys always make me the bandit! I'm always the first one to get caught!"

"C-come on, that's not true!"

"It's true! Besides, you and sister always leave me out. I feel like I can't adjust to the games you love to play so much."

"Please Miquella! It'll be fun! I love spending time with you, as do your sister.."

And then Remus had an idea,

"How about this? We'll let you be the knight first! You have to catch Malenia and I. How does that sound?"

Miquella silently looked up at him.

"I get to be the knight twice. For the first two rounds."

Remus answered by pulling the boy off the floor and with a beaming smile he said,

"Sounds like a deal."

Malenia paced around the giant tree in the center of the Lendyll Plaza. It was their favorite spot for knights and bandits. A busy scene that can be difficult for the knights to find the bandits. It proves challenging but fun all at the same time. She walked around with the wooden sword when suddenly she noticed the familiar silk platinum hair of her brothers and Remus' silver crown bustling through the crowd.

She beamed at the sight of her twin and began waving her hands around, calling for the two boys who skipped happily to her.

"Sorry to be late! I offered Miquella to fly us here but you know how scared he gets!"