don't let me go

She had it all planned out. After Remus would hand her a plate of meat and potatoes, she'd take his hand with her own before sneaking them away from the crowd and out of the venue.

They'd disperse first and when they returned to their personal quarters, they'd rid themselves out of their nonsensical, formal wear and trade into comfortable clothes. The ones they'd sleep with at night. Remus wore his night robe and so did she and the two would sit on the ledge of the balcony, watching the stars collide with the fireworks.

They'd stuff their mouths full but it wouldn't stop them from gossiping about the people at tonight's event. Remus would laugh and wonder why Godrick continues to invite himself to these parties when quite frankly, nobody wants him around. Malenia would frown and talk how prude Princess Ranni can be.

The only two girls of the royal kingdom and yet the carian girl did not want anything to do with the scarlet princess. It displeased her but Remus would tell her to let her go.

And Malenia would ask him. To be on the safe side...and ask if he, indeed, thought she was beautiful in that gown of hers. And hopefully, he'd say yes and affirm it even more. Her heart would burst and butterflies would scatter in her tummy.

She imagined it. The two staring at each other with the firework backdrop playing in the night sky. She'd stare into his beautiful eyes and Remus would look deep into her features, his mouth agape by how gorgeous he says she is.

She would get too excited and fail to contain it, so she'd raise her head and lean into him for a kiss. It would start off as a peck and she'd act as she regrets, blushing but still looking into his eyes. They would widen and despite it being the night, she will see his cheeks turn to a bright red. Almost red as her hair and he'd smile, happily before taking her lips into his own. He'd take her passionately with his hands cupping her cheeks, pulling her to a deeper kiss. She'd find her arms around his neck with her fingertips touching the ends of his silver hair.

He'd pull back and breath deeply against her mouth and she'd do the same, drinking in how close they were. Skin to skin.

"I've wanted this for so long." Is something he might say and she'd laugh, breathlessly into his ear before whispering a response.

"I love you, my Remus." Her bird on her shoulder. The shadow who'd tease and play and though quite annoying, she knew she found it entertaining within. The one who never left. Who's always been there for her. The one and only, Remus. The boy she's fallen hard for.

"I love you more, my beautiful flower." A shriek ripples out of her mouth as her body is pulled up in the air before falling into his arms. He gives her a grin, laughing along with her as he takes her to her own bed. He'd flop her down to the mattress and find himself hovering over her. She'd watch her shadow linger at her before taking her to a kiss once more. Their hands would intertwine and they'd kiss and moan. Sneaky Remus would find his mouth wandering to her neck and his hand crawling to the edge of her sleeve, tugging it teasingly.

She would blush again,

"W-Wait. I'm not ready yet." She's heard stories of this before. Yet still, though princesses and princes have been betrothed after their fifteenth birthday, she found themselves to still be young.

"Alright, my love."

He released her instantly and didn't show any disapproval to her decision. He respected her and continued to shower her with love and kisses until he'd exhaust each other. They'd lay in the bed, snuggling into each other's arms. She'd cradled into his neck, smiling contently. Knowing someone sees her worth and loves for who she is.