Chapter 6

"Shakespeare was one romantic dude wasn't he?"
The entire class broke out into laughter, nodding along to their English teacher's words. Terushima Yuji smiled brightly, leaning backwards against his desk as he casually crossed his legs in front of him. "He sure had his way with making women fall."
(Y/N) smiled, shoulders shaking in silent laughter along with the rest of the class as their eccentric teacher went on about Shakespeare. The honey-blonde man flipped through the book they were studying for the semester which so happened to be 'Romeo & Juliet'.
"And apparently he was chill about a thirteen year old being in love with an eighteen year old boy", shaking his head, Terushima sensei sighed dramatically. Those hazel eyes snapped upwards to suddenly catch hers, looking past all the other students. "Something about the forbidden being the most sensual thing a heart could so desire."
She stilled in her seat, eyes widening slightly at the words that she couldn't help but feel were being directed at her. Because his eyes did not waver once. Something dark flickered in them before the man was snapping his book shut and chucking it on his desk.
A radiant smile graced his lips as he moved on with their topic for today. "The syllabus says we gotta cover this so let's get on it, shall we?"
"The sooner we read and analyze it with the rhetorical devices, the quicker we can move on to something much more interesting since I doubt any of you are very keen on reading about romance in an old language" he announced, walking over to the board.
Murmurs and agreements flooded the room, the others exchanging nods. (Y/N) caught Nishinoya's eye from across the room, giggling lightly at the bored expression on his face as he made exaggerated actions of slicing his throat with his pencil.
Focusing back to the front of the classroom, an uneasy feeling filtered through her stomach once the bubbly emotion had vanished, bringing back the odd interactions she's had so far with every single one of her teachers. Making this her fifth - and it's only Tuesday.
Was she imagining things? Possibly. Maybe she just needed to relax and stop overthinking. Her mind was probably making up all of these thoughts in her head when it could all just be something innocent her mind was blowing out of proportion.
The blonde man turned to face the class, using his teeth to uncap the marker as he grinned. "Now let's find all the ways Shakespeare said 'Netflix & Chill' in the play."
The majority of the class was spent going over the different acts, noting the key points and themes whilst using the devices to further analyze them. (Y/N) diligently took notes, organizing all the important pieces of information that would be useful for the exams. They managed to cover the first Act thanks to Terushima sensei's quick yet helpful notes as they were now instructed to add their own.
The class worked in silence for the remaining time as he slowly walked between the desks, giving out tips and overseeing their work. She chewed on her bottom lip, a furrow between her eyebrows. Tapping her pencil against the book, she checked the scene that she was currently analyzing, finding a small mistake in something she had incorrectly written down.
Reaching for her pencil case in need for an eraser, the girl accidentally knocked it over when she didn't tear her gaze away from her notebook. Internally cursing herself, (Y/N) ducked beneath her desk, gathering the materials that came spilling from the small bag.
Surfacing from below the table, she felt her cheeks flush faintly from the several looks she was getting from her neighbours, chuckling nervously. Getting over the embarrassment, the girl went back to her notes, eyes narrowed in concentration.
Once again she went for her eraser but as luck would have it, the rubber went slipping from between her fingers and onto the floor. She closed her eyes, colourful words exploding around her mind as her patience began to run thin.
"Oh for crying out loud" she muttered darkly, bending over to the side to reach for the eraser that just laid there - laughing at her misfortune. Slim fingers grabbed it before she could.
"It's okay I got it" chuckled a low voice in her ear, stealing the eraser from her grasp.
Looking up, she met swirling hazel eyes, accompanied by a smirk that rested on Terushima sensei's rosy lips. "I get the feeling that your stationary is trying to run away from you."
(Y/N) anxiously laughed. "I don't think today has been my day."
The honey-blonde man regarded her coolly, placing her eraser onto the desk and leaning down to look over the notes she has written. He was silent for a moment, eyes carefully assessing her work. His body moved closer to look over her shoulder, invading her personal space.
Noticing this, the girl felt her heart flutter nervously in her chest. "Is it perhaps..." murmured Terushima sensei, pretending to get a better look at her work.
"...You've been a bad girl?" he questioned lowly, hot breath ghosting over the shell of (Y/N)'s ear.
Stilling in her chair, all oxygen was punched out of her lungs. "S-sensei?" she mumbled, blinking owlishly as she attempted to make sure she heard him correctly. Turning her head slightly, she caught a glimpse of a sly grin, all teeth on display as her English teacher ran his tongue along his teeth.
"Good work" he chirped. Completely ignoring her stupefied expression, he straightened up and moved onto the next student, brushing away her stare as if nothing had happened.
Okay what the fuck?
Something was amiss, this couldn't be some scenario her mind has conjured. What the hell was happening? Had she lost her mind finally?
Bright eyes clashed against hers for a fraction of a second, the shock still worn over her face like a mask. Terushima bit his bottom lip, a tiny smirk playing at his lips.
He was enjoying this.
And the poor girl had no idea what was in store for her.