Chapter 42

"BITCH, WE'RE RICH."
Nishinoya examined the card closely, turning it back and forth with awe plastered over his face as if it were a priceless artefact. "I wouldn't be surprised if that's real silver."
He snapped his fingers, a broad smile breaking out across his mouth as he acted like he just came up with the greatest idea ever. "Let's sell this on Ebay. I bet we can get a shit ton of money for it and then we'll run away together."
(Y/N) took the business card out of his hand, shoving it in her bag. "And go where?"
"I'm thinking Spain", using his hands to make a rainbow motion, he looked like he was about to start crying out of happiness. "Live on an Island. Or maybe Abu Dhabi. Somewhere nice and hot to make up for the fact that we're not."
She smacked the back of his head, hard enough to make him stagger a few steps forward. "I'm kidding" he whined, rubbing the spot she hit with a small pout. "We're sexy bitches."
"But for real though". Nishinoya sidled up to her side, leaning in to whisper quietly. "As soon as he walked into the office, I was ready to get on my knees and start barking. If he asked me to lick his shoes clean. I'd do it. No questions asked."
The both of them made their way to the front of the classroom, talking between themselves. Osamu eyed them for a moment before resuming his packing. However he tensed up when he heard a familiar name being uttered and when he looked up again; they were gone.
'Just what are you planning?' he thought, having half a mind to ask the man himself but he had a feeling he would end up empty handed. Suna could be a little bitch when he wanted to. After all those years of knowing him, Osamu has learnt the hard way of what it is to be involved with Suna Rintarou. It just never ended well - for anybody.

"Which car do you think is his?"
The girl thought it over, walking next to him as Nishinoya wrapped a loose arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him so she wouldn't bump into anyone else. "I don't know. I don't even know who's car belongs to whom in our school."
Apparently he did - oddly enough.
Shaking his head, he acted as if this was customary information to be known. Nishinoya started listing off who drives what. "Okay so Sakusa drives the Porsche. The Tsukishima's drive the Audi's."
"Doesn't someone own a motorcycle?" she cut in, suddenly remembering the sleek vehicle that's always parked by the gate. The only one that actually manages to catch her eye long enough to register in her memory.
"Oh that belongs to Bokuto sensei. I've seen him riding it a couple times and oh my god the way his thighs wrap around that thing. Gives me asthma every time. Like he could crush my skull with them if he wanted to."
"How do you actually know who drives what?"
Either Nishinoya didn't hear her or he chose to ignore it by continuing on. (Y/N) eyebrows knitted together, something unpleasant unraveling in her chest because she had a feeling why but she kept her lips sealed. The middle of the crowded hallway wasn't the place to ask about this. "Anyways, I'm thinking it's gotta be the Lexus, BMW or Mercedes."
Turning to her expectantly, Nishinoya looked like he always did. Not a thing out of place that would indicate anything different in his outward demeanour. The harsh feeling in her chest loosened, but it didn't entirely go away. "Maybe the BMW? Or Mercedes?" she offered randomly, just to answer his question.
He nodded in agreement. "I thought so too, like ima-, holy shit!", exclaiming loudly, he stopped walking without giving an ounce of care as to how it may impede others who walked behind them. "I completely forgot but I gotta go and help set up for band. I'll talk to you later okay?"
Nishinoya pressed a chaste kiss to her cheek, looking distracted for some reason. Without even giving her a chance to reply, he was tearing down the hallway in haste after throwing her a jumbled string of, 'I'll call you once I'm done' and 'take care' over his shoulder, unapologetic whenever he'd bump into someone.
Leaving her standing in the middle of the busy hallway with a frown pulling at her lips.

"Yo, (Y/N)!"
Closing her locker, she looked up when her name was called. A figure was casually strolling towards her, backpack hanging off one shoulder with a lazy grin greeting her. She had to stop herself from bristling with slight annoyance. "Futakuchi" she greeted back, albeit hesitantly.
However the sight of him calmed her nerves a bit if she was being honest, as much as she didn't like him. She had nothing to worry about then.
"Have you seen Nishinoya?"
"He's helping out with the band right now."
Futakuchi raised a brow, leaning against the lockers and crossing his arms in front of him. "Funny, there's no practice today. I just passed by the hall, no one's inside."
Her nerves punched her right in the gut, he must have seen the way her face fell because he cocked his head to the side, face filled with mock sympathy. "Did he say there was practice?"
She remained silent which only sparked a dark gleam in his eyes. And that was one of the aspects she didn't like about him. She never did understand what Nishinoya saw in him because he was just a plain asshole at the best and worst times. "Is there something you need?" she chose to say instead.
Futakuchi's smile grew, resting his head against the lockers. "Actually yes. He's been ignoring me for the past few weeks and it's starting to annoy me a little bit."
This time it was her turn to arch a brow in question, not really understanding how that information benefited her in any way. "Probably for a good reason then", shooting him a wary onceover, he chuckled lightly. "I don't know what you want me to do about it. Whatever happens between you two has nothing to do with me."
"Actually it does."
Biting down on her tongue, he sighed heavily, pretending to be contemplating something important. Futakuchi moved closer to her, placing a hand near her head so he could lean in, using his body to cage her.
She used her hand to stop him from coming any closer, pushing against his chest. He found the action amusing, he didn't move any closer but he also didn't move away. "Yeah, I'm going to stop you right there."
Futakuchi slowly looked her up and down yet didn't offer anything else which only made her all the more irritated. "As much as I find our conversation so very riveting, the longer you take to get to the point, the more I feel tempted to kick you in the balls."
He rolled his eyes, laughing humorlessly before muttering under his breath. "Definitely best friends."
"You see...", straightening up, his hand slid down the lockers until it rested close to her hip. (Y/N) narrowed her eyes in warning but he chose to ignore it as his voice carried on. "...I asked him if he'd be down for a threesome and well he didn't take it very well."
"That sounds like your problem, not mine."
Futakuchi shook his head, smiling with far too many teeth to make it seem pleasant. "A threesome with you."
She went rigid, looking up at him through a sharpened gaze. He lowered his head, drumming his fingers against the locker. "He got real defensive, told me to fuck off and here we are."
The urge to punch him never sounded so sweet up until now.
Taking a step closer, she jabbed a finger into his chest, anger beginning to steadily buildup especially with the way his arrogant filled face was staring at her. The need to defend her best friend overcame her senses but someone beat her to it.
"Is there a problem here?"
The additional voice was soft yet steady, the both of them jerked their heads to the side with faint surprise coating their features because they were so immersed in the exchange happening between them, they failed to notice that they were in fact not alone, taken off guard.
Akaashi stood there, arms filled with exercise books. Face free of emotion, the authority was not missed especially with the way his eyes roamed over them - calculating.
Futakuchi took a step back, putting on a kind smile to make the situation more reassuring that nothing was going on. "Everything is fine. I was just asking a question about some homework."
Akaashi didn't buy it.
"I can be of some help, if you'd like. Or maybe it's better if you go and ask the teacher in charge. I'm certain they'll be able to answer any questions you may have", the man finished with a polite smile of his own.
(Y/N) had to stop herself from laughing because the way Futakuchi's smile fell so quickly it was as if he just watched a puppy get run over by a car. "It's fine, I got what I needed. I should get going but thank you for the concern sir."
Shooting her one last look out of the corner of his eye, he respectfully excused himself, walking away from them. Nothing else was said, not until they were completely alone in the hallway did Akaashi say something. "Is everything okay?"
She turned to properly face him, nodding once. "Yeah it's fine. It was like he said, we were just talking about some homework."
The man didn't pry any further, not wishing to overstep his boundaries but that doesn't mean he was overjoyed about it. Everything set him on edge nowadays and it was slowly starting to get to him. He resorted to spending as less time as possible around the others. "I was actually hoping to talk to you. Do you by any chance have some time now?"
She confirmed that she did which relieved him a little bit. Following him to his classroom, the short walk was spent in silence however it wasn't uncomfortable because his presence made her feel at ease. Judging by the small smile he was supporting - he thought the same thing.