Awkward...

Muichiro hummed, knelt down next to the tub where a fluffy German Shepherd allowed him to scrub gently around his back. It wasn't as hard to get Axel inside the tub as Genya claimed it to be. After all, despite not really growing up with pets in his abode, Muichiro always knew how to easily become friends with animals. It was sort of like a talent to him.

Anywho, it'd been a few weeks after his and Genya's little 'date' and he had began to get the hang of things in this tight abode. He was beginning to get used to Hunter, and Hunter the same for him. All of the dogs enjoyed his presence and missed him greatly when he was gone.

He slowly grabbed the shower head near the ceiling and brought it down to the body of the dog. He turned on the tap and let it rinse as the soap washed off of the dogs fluffy coat. Using his hands, he rubbed onto the fur, moving off the rest of the soap to reveal Axel's now shiny Summer coat.

The sound of keys clicking and a door opening slowly, rung into his ears. He jolted, letting Axel out of the tub and quickly running over to the front door. Observing the foyer closely, he watched as Genya took off his shoes and put them in the closet next to him. Muichiro trotted down, meeting Genya at the foyer and greeting him.

"Wow, you came just in time, I just finished washing the dogs," Muichiro announced, wiping his wet hands onto his clothes. "I'll be going now, see you tommoro-,"

Before he could even land a foot out the front door, he felt a firm hand grip onto his wrist. A cold shiver raced down his spine as Genya pulled him close, closing the gap between them.

"Would you...," Genya started, concentrating on Muichiros sapphire blue eyes. "Like to have tea with me?"

. . . . .

"Alright, we have to make this quick," Muichiro insisted, grabbing the small tea cup Genya handed over to him. "Or else, my brother will start complaining."

Genya chuckled, sitting onto the couch next to him-his own tea in hand. He's never heard somebody talk about their siblings as much as Muichiro. Neither could he tell if their relationship was really good or quite the opposite. Maybe both.

"Who is this brother of yours? You seem to talk about him a lot,"

"Oh, he's nobody really. Just somebody who likes to get on my nerves and thinks I'm always getting on his," Muichiro admitted.

Genya just couldn't help but crack up a smile. He didn't realize Muichiro could be somebody he could relate to concerning family. It was like the same thing with him and Sanemi before the drastic leave. Something he couldn't just keep behind closed doors forever.

"I have a question," He declared, taking a sip of his chamomile tea.

"I'm all ears," Muichiro confirmed, pleasantly closing his eyes as he relaxed onto the cozy sangria red couch.

"Considering you and your brother are twins, I've been wondering... is he as gorgeous as you are?" He asked hesitantly, looking off to the pearl white walls with a sly smirk.

Muichiro arched an eyebrow before saying his usual, "Flattery will get you nowhere."

Howbeit, just from the red hue plastered onto Muichiros cheeks, Genya thought otherwise. He knew otherwise.

After the 'date' the two had only been getting closer and have been undeniably flirting with eachother—Muichiro doing the flirting most of the time. This had been one of those rare encounters where Genya would commit the act. Somehow, although having been used to it, it made Muichiro's stomach churn from the thought that he might just mean what he's saying.

"I beg to differ, it got me you," Genya flirted back, giving Muichiro full and direct eye contact.

Muichiro was about to do a spit take, but stopped himself before the action occurred.

"You desperate flirt. I'm leaving," He announced, getting up from the couch and rubbing onto his short overalls.

Genya was quite taken aback from the reaction received from him. Muichiro never behaved like that concerning one of his flirts. What had gotten into him? Had he said something wrong? Was what he wanted to ask, but those questions didn't come out of his mouth.

Clutching onto Muichiros wrist, what he truly said was, "Wait—Uhh... sorry? Please stay," He begged, whispering the last two words.

He cleared his throat, slowly letting go of Muichiros wrist and looking away in embarrassment.

"I-I mean, you know it's really lonely in here... just my dogs and me. I just want your company." (That rhymed😱)

Muichiro sighed, looking away and slowly scratching the back of his neck.

It's not you, it's me He thought, and feared he might've accidentally said that out loud.

Luckily, the words remained in the back of his head.

"No sure, I'll stay. I guess I just got a little confused," He lied.

He walked back to his seat, leaning his head back into the rest. From then on, there was an awkward silence as both attempted figuring out why they were acting the way they were. Neither of them felt uneasy from the silence, in fact, they felt easily distracted and lost in their own thoughts.

Finally, after a year of tranquility, Genya decided to speak up.

"I could... stop flirting with you if you really don't want me to. I just do it for fun, not because I...," Genya stopped midway, not knowing how to complete it.

When the silence started getting awkward again Muichiro had decided to intervine.

"No, don't worry it's fine. I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm kind of weird today, sorry."

Yet, that still didn't cure the silence creeping around the two. The only sounds that could be heard at the moment were the faint 'ticks' of the clock and the dogs scurrying around in their play room.

Genya sighed and said, "We should go to a friend's place."

Muichiro flinched at the sudden suggestion; his eyes flared wide. He didn't know a lot of people in this side of town. Howbeit, based off the reputation of the residents, he didn't know if such request was a good idea. Figuring that Shinobu resided in this region as well, he mentioned her.

"Yeah, let's probably go to Shinobu's since I don't know anyone else."

Genya shook his head, gently putting his cup of chamomile tea down onto the livingroom table.

"Ehh, it's about time you meet somebody new. Wanna try Mitsuri and Obanai?" He insisted.

Muichiro sighed, slouching into his seat and hiding his face into his collar.

"Ahh—sure, I guess."

Word Count: 1125