Coming Back

"Wake up, Mui! Time for wor...k?"

Yuichiro turned around to see Muichiro already up and ready. Hair tied up, shoes slipped on and everything. He's never seen his brother up before his calling before. Whenever Muichiro had the chance, he was always sleeping in without fail. What had caused him to wake up so early in the morning today?

Impressed he was, to say the least.

But Yuichiro wouldn't just let this slide. Waking up Muichiro was not his only job. His second objective was to make sure the house was clean and collected. Most especially those dishes that never failed to pack the sink every morning. The first fact to reach his mind, was that it was surely not his day to do them.

"Well, whatever! It's your day to clean the dishes anyways-,"

"I did...," Muichiro quickly interrupted, grabbing his keys off of the vanity table set.

Al... already?" Yuichiro thought to himself.

By this time, he was speechless. Since when had his twin brother become this responsible? A fact; hard enough for him to fathom. There was a lot he wanted to say, although wording it all at the same time was hard enough.

But it was over, Muichiro was already up and evanescing. He walked over to his twin brother, aiming to pass him on his way to work. There was much more pep in his step and heart in his emotion equated to oftentimes. Muichiro could almost feel his left foot touch the thin exit line of his bedroom door. But before that was to occur, his opening was stopped abruptly.

"Here, take this with you. I noticed how all of our pineapples reduced before Genya left. He must really like them."

Muichiro glanced down to see the bijou roll of pineapple chapstick in his brothers hand. It glowed in his hand as if there were a blazing aura surrounding it. He instantly knew what Yuichiro was intending and just the thought of it brushed the color red over his face like a wave. Instead of accepting the stick, he shook his head and backed away in hesitation.

"What- NO! Nothing like that's going to happen... weirdo."

"Do you think I care!? Just leave with it...! ...Just in case," Yuichiro yelled, pushing it into Muichiro's hand and abruptly startling him.

Muichiro sighed, accepting the chapstick before saluting his brother after his leave. He never expected to use it. Only to hold it in the grasp of his hands as if it would be of meaning. He entered his car and inserted the keys, getting ready to start his job again. The job he left for unnecessary reasons. And oh did he want it back.

It's not just those three precious and fluffy beings he missed. It was Genya all the more. And yet, he still wanted just a small taste of his lips. Who would've thought he hadn't of gotten it already? With the way the two were already locked in like a tie, a kiss would've already been expected as of now. So what was the intermission for?

Slowly shrugging the thought off of his head, he looked down at the pineapple chapstick still in his hand. Growing hesitant, he argued with himself on whether he should put it on or not. His even bigger decision, was whether this be the day a kiss was bound to occur.

Would he even get to kiss him at all?

The questions spun in his head for minutes and minutes. Time was wasting as all that was on his mind was the sudden taste of Genya's lips, and how he wanted his own to taste for him. When all was said and done, he finally looked down at the bright pineapple chapstick and hesitantly put it on.

. . . . .

Genya slowly opened the door, rubbing his eyes with a yawn. The sun shot into his face violently as he began to shield his eyes with his hands. Down he looked, only to see a small but lovely boy underneath him. After the sudden realization of who that was, Genya jumped up in surprise and backed away.

Muichiro looked back up at him and slowly opened his mouth to say something, but to no avail. He never seemed to know why at the turning moments of his decisions, he always somehow lost confidence. It was almost like it was meant to be. Like, he was meant to sit there and look dumb.

But Genya didn't want him to feel bad.

He cupped his cheek, bringing his face up to meet his eyes. Those blue, ocean eyes that stared back at him was all he needed. He loved them just as much as he loved the rest of Muichiro.

"It's ok... I understand you needed to work on yourself. I'm just glad you came back today," Genya confirmed, giving a soft smile to the small boy.

The small words comforted Muichiro with their letters. He never thought he'd needed to hear that until now. It made something spark in him, that he wished had sparked before. Nothing could make this moment even better than it already was.

Genya dropped his smile and pulled Muichiro inside, revealing his three dogs scurrying around. From just the smell of Muichiro's aroma, the dogs were easily drawn to the person they once called their sitter. They pounced onto him, licking every inch as they used to. It was sort of a nostalgic feeling although the last time this happened was only two days ago.

Who knew 48 hours would make Muichiro feel so lonely? Nobody knew, because not once did he feel so empty when he was alone until he met Genya...

...and fell in love with his presence.

Word Count: 958