milo - of wolves and walks

"Sweetheart, come out come out wherever you are!" milo yelled into the expanse of woodland and trails that you two decided to walk through but of course that serenity lastedonly so long before an idea popped into your head. stopping with the excuse to tie your shoes you told milo to keep going and that you would take a second. using that oppurtunity you cloaked and masked your aura so he couldnt find you.

"sweetheart come on please dont do this out here !" you could hear the slight panick in his voice you decided to take pity on the poor shifter sneaking up behind him you hugged him while still cloaked and whispered in his ear "you'll have to come and find me pretty wolf" you decloaked quickly to press a kiss to his lips and then in the split second he was distracted you cloaked and ran
hearing the deep gutteral growl resonating from his chest as he shifted and followed the sound of your footsteps keeping a slightly slowed pace as to not outrun you afterall it was a game.

at least it was until you tripped a suprised squeal ripping through you as you landed uncloaking unconsciously you had managed to lose milo for a bit in a maze of red wood and pine trees. you stood dusting yourself off and leaned against a tree to catch your breath you waited for a while 'surely milo yould have caught up by now' you thought after 15 minutes you thought he had shifted and was walking to fit through the trees better you relaxed at that thought. until you heard howls in the distance and some growls coming from the trees around you.

"relax sweetheart its probably milo echoing if hes shifted back again" you coaxed yourself until the numerous growls grew closer until you saw eyes belonging to your mates full time counterparts emerging from the trees infront of you " yep definitely not milo" you squeaked backing up to the tree behind you the branches that were closest to you had too far of a gap for you to climb out of the wolves reach so you did the only reasonable thing you could think of and that was screamingyour boyfriends name hoping he would hear you " please milo please have heard me please" you cried to yourself tears streaming downing your face and at that scream you let out the wolves charged and you cloaked momentarily confusing them so you could run but when you thought you had lost them you could hear the frustration in thir vocalisations while they chased you.

"MILO, help me please" you screamed as they got closer causing you to stumble and fall decloaking and surrounded by the wolves. one dared move closer until you heard the deepest growl imaginable coming from behind you 'is that milo' you thought turning your head to catch the sight of your mates silver coat and gold eyes appear from the trees to your side 'it is him' you sighed relieved crying from the terror and adrenaline that was pumping through your system.

the wolves that were surrounding you backed off slightly growling at the oversized version of themselves as milo padded around to stand over you snarling at what you could only presume as the alphaof the pack who backed down immediantly from the viciousness and called its pack away as they ran.

milo watched for a few seconds before turning around to nuzzle at you almost as if checking ifyour alright " yes scaredy wolf im fine just a bit shook up" you sniffled wrapping your arms around his furred neck hugging him in thanks thats until you felt him shift back and embrace you pressing tender kisses to the side of your head and neck.

"jesus sweetheart what would you have done if i wasnt out here with you, fucking hey i don't mind you cloaking if i can track you but that was too fucking close" he mumbled into your neck seemingly calmingyou and him downat the same time. " im sorry" you apologised into his chest "don't be i was just worried, hey how bout we head home and get some junk food and watch some of those rom coms you wanted to watch yeah?"

you sniffled and sighed "yeah lets go home i kinda want cuddles right about now after that event back there"
"yeah no problem baby lets go" milo said as he got up extending a hand towards you to head back to the jeepthat was parked back at the start of the trail.

765 words
sorry about the lack of updates