porter - hidden treasure

It wasn't unordinary that Porter often was greeted with treasures' tired face when they greeted him at the door to thier small home. Sighing as they relaxed slightly into the hug, he had pulled them into watching as they slumpedas they took his hand puliing him along to thier "Cavern of wonders" as they called it. The rather large office space filled withy rows of bookshelves full of novels from various genres, encyclopedias, and the odd trinket from thier youth.

He always liked thier fairly dark academia themed office from the vintage lamp that sat upon thier desk to the aged leather sofa nestled into the small alcove that faced the window that shone through hanging gems casting streams of multicoloured light acroos the dark planks of the hardwood floor. He smiled thinking of the nights you both would spend hours snuggled up together on that sofa with a good book especially on those rainy nights. Taking slow calculated steps as he walked around your office admiring the way each dark woodstained bookshelf was coordinated and organised by thier contents, the smell of the candle he had bought you for your birthday burning adding to the aesthetic of a home library with that comforting smell of vanilla, warm coffee and that new book smell that you can never quite distinguish. Running a hand over the newest collection of hardbacks they had acquired last time they had used thier quarterly savings of thier book allowance fund, the custom engraving of the faux leather covers glistening with gold ink pausing as he noticed something glittering in the corner of the window frame.

"uhm treasure?" He heard a hum as they looked up thier glasses shifting as thier head raised. "Yeah? Whats up?" They followed his line of sight as he stared down the silver accented fake skull with roses surrounding the crown as light danced and reflected off the rhinestones on the longer than natural canines on the upper mandible. "Ohh that, i found it while antiquing with my aunt in this miscellaneous store a few years ago and found it recently when clearing out storage, it never really had a place until now." They notice porter's platinum eyes flick down to the "fangs" of the ornament "is something wrong?" Porter's gaze flashed to them as he blushed

"w-what n-no no it's just it suits the aesthetic in here and.. and i j-just like it, it's based off of a vamp skull right?" They hummed a 'yeah' quietly "its not biologically accurate from what you've described but i like its presence, like a hidden treasure in a sea of trinkets and oddities if you will, but i guess it just reminds me of you aswell." They laughed watching as porter stroked on of the faux rose petals.

"now, my treasure worth more than gemstones what are you looking at with such fondness~?" Porter all but purred watching his lovers skin turn slightly darker as a blush rose up thier neck and cheeks having been caught staring. "uh uhm.." They fumbled as he crept closer caging them in thier chair "well~ i'm waiting~" laughing as they stumbled over thier words "I-i-i uhm haha well i was looking at my a-amazing partner w-whos p-presence is d-distracting me-" they ramble nervously as porter gets closer pressing a kiss to thier neck
"Oh really~ well if that's the case~ i could always go and leave you to it~" He teased earning stuttering "nos" silencing thier rambling with a kiss. "Gotcha~ treasure" he winked at them.

"now, you, my radiant garnet, as adorable as you look with those glasses perched on your nose while you work, you looked tired, what do you say we go to bed so you can rest" hearing them sigh knowing they wouldn't win that battle. "yes fine fine, lets go to bed my dragon~" they said nuzzling into his chest. "My dragon? thats new" he chuffed "well you call me treasure and what dragon doesn't love treasure?" They giigled as he picked them up, carrying them to bed "well i don'tknow about you but this vampiric so called dragon just so happens to adore his treasure~." He purred kissing thier face as he held them close after settling them onto the bed.

Catching a mumbled "g'night my dragon" as treasure drifted off to sleep. "Sweet dreams my hidden treasure."