Chapter 1

October 2, 2007

Andre's POV

I was in the hospital holding my beautiful baby boy.

Angel Nicolás Herrera

He came out with a head full of beautiful soft curls. I wish I could hold him longer but the doctors have to do more checks with him to make sure he's healthy. He came out premature so he was a bit smaller. After the doctors took Angel into a different room I went to check up on my baby mother Sandra.

I had a one night stand with her but the condom busted. My wife is still not happy about it but I can't be mad at her. It is my fault. I just hope she doesn't resent Angel because of it.

"Are you ok?" I asked Sandra.

"Andre I feel really weak right now." She said softly.

"The doctor said I might not make it." She choked out with. tears in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

"The baby did too much damage on my body and they said I don't have a good chance of living." Sandra said with tears rolling down her face.

"If I do go take care of my Angel for me please." She said looking at Angel sleeping in the incubator.

*Time Skip*

Present Day

Angel's POV

Finally it's the last day of school. Currently I'm waiting on Papa to come pick me up from school.

He doesn't let me walk home by myself even though I'm 14. It makes me sad sometimes since my friends go to each other houses to hang out and I have to go home.

But I try to understand since he's just trying to protect me. He's the only legal guardian I have after all. Some people might think it's weird to live with your grandfather but I think it's totally normal.

Soon enough his car pulled up and I said bye to my friends and went inside.

"How was school?" Papa asked me.

"It was fun but I'm going to miss all my friends." I said sadly.

I'm no longer a freshman anymore next year I'll be a sophomore.

I'm a little nervous but I think if I keep my grades up I'll be fine. I don't really get in trouble at school anyways.

I look at my phone and I get a text from my friend Ezekiel.

Ezekiel: hey man are you coming to the party on friday?

Me: i don't think I can come my grandpa will never let me

Ezekiel: just sneak out

Me: no wtf

Ezekiel: i'll help you, you can't let your grandfather ruin your life

Me: i'm not getting la chancla again

Ezekiel: alright i won't force you but if you decide to change your mind text me

Me: ok

I really wanna go but I know Papa wouldn't let me.

We finally reached to our apartment. I was super tired and as soon as I got inside I went inside my room.

I changed into comfy clothes and laid down in bed and turned on Netflix.

While I was watching a show I heard knocking at the door. I got up and went to go see who it was.

I opened the door to see a tall man with black hair and blue eyes. His eyes softened when he saw me meanwhile I looked confused.

"It's good to see you again Angel." The man said.