Chapter 12

"So, do you have everything we need?" A middle aged man in a gray suit asked. He had on sunglasses and had a walking stick right beside him. The man was partly blind.

"Yes sir." a young lady replied professionally carrying a bag of surgery tools and scissors.

"Good...let's give the children another ten minutes before we take them to the laboratory. They'll be needing it." the man chuckled.

"Yes sir." the lady said and left the room and walked through the hallways struggling to carry the tools.

*******

Tyson wanted to get to the room where the little kids were held. He tiptoed through the hallways hoping that he would not get caught.

Suddenly, a young woman appeared coming out of a room nearby and she was carrying something. She was coming his way. Tyson had nowhere to hide from the lady so he decided to run back to the room where Teresa and Max were.

Why back so fast and where's the kids?" Max asked when Tyson came back empty handed.

"There was a lady in the hallway and you know how these dumb hallways are. There's nothing to hide behind!" Tyson cried out. Max nodded and understood Tyson.

Tyson looked to his side and saw that Teresa was still asleep. He wanted Teresa to wake up so he shook her gently at first.

"Don't wake her up dude." Max said annoyed.

"Why not?" Tyson smirked and shook Teresa harder. "Wake up Teresa!" Tyson demanded.

Teresa awoke startled to see Tyson. "What are you doing here?" Teresa asked sleepily.

Tyson smiled. " I came here to take you guys out of this place." Tyson cooed reaching out taking a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Sure..." Teresa said sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"How did you know we were here?" Max asked.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, I had a dream about this..." Tyson stated looking down.

"How did this happen?" Teresa asked confused.

Tyson turned his focus on Teresa. He told her how he tried texting her but she didn't pick up. Tyson also told Teresa about how he dreamt about the building and how he figured out that Max was with her.

"By the way, why didn't you respond to my text?" Tyson asked Teresa.

"My phone died, and this place doesn't have service so you can't call or text." Teresa answered blankly fulling awake now. Tyson nodded.

"It's cool how you can dream about something that you need to know and POOF! It's there." Max complemented.

Tyson smiled and then suddenly his expression turned into a frown. "It's not the first time it's happened." Tyson mentioned.

"Huh?" Max was confused.

"I had a dream about my dead mother last night. She was yelling my name but she seemed so far away. She told me to find the truth....but my father believes that it's just a bad dream and that my dreams aren't true." Tyson said mocking his father's words.

"The truth...what does that mean?" Teresa inquired.

"I don't know what she means by the "truth", but what I do know is that the dream has a hidden meaning and that I'll need to be figuring it out soon." Tyson said assuring himself.

Suddenly Tyson's stomach growled. "I'm so hungry..." Tyson muttered.

"Here." Max said taking a granola bar out of his front pocket. "This was from the cafe this morning."