Chapter 24

Saturday Afternoon

Max POV

"Come on guys. We can't give up just yet." I gave the group a little encouragement. Even though half of the group were dragging their feet behind, I took an attempt of being optimistic about the whole situation we were in. Tyson's response was his usual groan which meant he had given up.

Ever since yesterday, we had been trying to figure out how to escape the woods. Yet, we haven't been able to get anywhere.

"Why'd you guys have to make me be the leader of taking us back.." Tyson whined as he sat down to rest under a tree.

Teresa rolled her eyes. "Oh come on, you know the exact reason why you're the leader, Tyson. You told us the reason you found us here in the first place was because of some dream you had. So now we want you to take us back home with the same dream.." Teresa tried to hold back her temper although it seemed like she was about ready to pound Tyson any second.

"That dream I had was such a long time ago! Come on Teresa, let's just rest a little.." Tyson pleaded. Gabe who had also been low on energy sat under another tree nearby.

"You're such a bunch of softies..." Teresa teased as she walked to sit under the shade of a tree with Megan and Marina scurrying behind her.

I sighed a sign of relief that the argument had evaporated and took a short breather with the rest of the group. I rested my head on the trunk of the tree as a couple of autumn colored leaves fell to the ground. A cool breeze blew through the woods even though the sun had just reached its peak a couple of hours ago.

Ever since we had escaped from the kidnappers, countless questions and thoughts filled my brain.

Why hadn't Mr. Scott shown up to the "ceremony" when he was one of the most important members there?

Could we actually get back to the city by using Tyson's dream as a guide?

Has my father found about my disappearance yet?

What have I gotten myself into?

I took a small twig and drew a square on the dirt. The square was supposed to represent the woods. Outside of the box was the city.

"Tyson..?" I said.

Tyson, who had been dozing off for a while, awoke with a puzzled expression. "Huh? Yes, Max?"

"Come here for a second.." I studied the map intently. Tyson came crawling and took a seat beside me. He glanced over my shoulder to see the map.

"This here, is where we are right now." I circled the square, labeling our location. "And outside of the woods, is supposed to be the city. It's not a hundred percent accurate but it's all that we'll have to deal with right now."

"Maybe..we could split up into groups of two and each group take a route. We can use our beyblades as little communicators such as if I am in a different group then you, then I can call out Draciel and you will be able to know where I am, in case of any emergency or if I have found a way out of the woods. I don't have all the details but I'll have to come up with them later on." I explained.

Tyson yawned. "You know Max, we do have Gabe here along with us and he must know how to get us back to the city. I mean, he was a part of the organization..." Tyson tried to point out.