The First Hunt

"You can't be serious." Bon-Bon protested as she walked with Rainbow and Fluttershy. "You can't stick me with her!"

"She tried to kill me!" Rainbow griped as well.

"I was required to!" Bon-Bon countered. "You cut off my ear! And had me demoted!"

"Ladies, please." Fluttershy interrupted. "Let's at least try to get along. Yes, Bon-Bon was required to kill you, Rainbow. You were a teeny tiny bit obsessed. And Bon-Bon, you should've finished what you started."

"But..." Rainbow and Bon-Bon began.

"Nope." Fluttershy said authoritatively. "Not listening. I have the power here. I like you two, but we need to all stay together. We have enough enemies as it is, so I'd prefer we stay without internal conflict."

Not wanting to get on Fluttershy's bad side, especially after seeing what she did at the Gala, Rainbow shut up and kept walking. After Fluttershy intervened, everything went back to normal, and Rainbow started to look around. The cavern was very spacious, and had many small groups of people talking quietly among themselves. They talked of their jobs, cute stallions and mares, that hideous dress the mare down the street wore, almost anything you could think of. They seemed... normal, as if they weren't bloodthirsty murderers. Rainbow listened to conversations as she walked. They all were like this- everyday talk, as if they were all completely normal. She also looked around, hoping to see a friend, or maybe the pony with the red eyes, but neither popped out. She turned to Bon-Bon several times, but she just received a death stare every time she did.

Was this really necissary? Rainbow thought. Did Fluttershy really have to put me with her?

"Yes." Fluttershy said suddenly. "It was necessary for me to team you two up. Everyone needs kind and loyal friends, and we're all friends here, right?"

Not really... Rainbow thought.

"Well, I'm really sorry, but you're going to have to be." Fluttershy responded to Rainbow's unspoken question. "Oh, and yes, some vamponies can read minds. It requires lots of quiet and focus, but it is possible."

"Creepy." Rainbow stated.

"It has it's ups and downs." Fluttershy said. "Gets kind of gross when I walk around at night and hear the ponies indoors."

"Bleh." Rainbow said. "Enough wasting time- what do we have to do? Kill people? I'm not too keen on that."

"Well, you may not like this then." Fluttershy said cautiously. "That's kinda what we do, sorry. But it's not as bad as you may believe. We are a sort of... police, per say. We make the world better."

"How is murder good?" Rainbow asked, which resulted in a facehoof from Bon-Bon.

"Dear Celestia, you're so dense." Bon-Bon said, sounding very annoyed. "We hunt the scum of Equestria- real murderers, rapists, kidnappers, people among those lines. We are the reason no one hears about crimes in Ponyville. You Element bearers take care of the big magical stuff, we get everything else. Capiche?"

"Got it." Rainbow said .

"Then let's get started." Bon-Bon said, a hint of eagerness in her voice. "Who's first?"

"I'll start you new recruits off easy." Fluttershy said, and received an evil stare from Bon-Bon. "A pony by the name of Bottle Mixer has been developing poisons used by assassins everywhere. Eliminate him, and you save many ponies who don't deserve to die." Fluttershy flew off, leaving the other two to wait.

Bon-Bon turned to Rainbow and gave her an evil stare. "Listen here," she said menacingly. "You better not slow me down. I was a few days from becoming one of the Lunar Guard. If I don't make it soon, you'll somehow find yourself missing several parts, namely your head. Got it?"