~Chapter Seven~

Hongjoong's thoughts and feelings were eating away at him every second of the day. What was this weird emotion he felt? And why did he only feel it around Seonghwa? It wasn't a crush right? He barely knew the guy.

He was shaken from his thoughts as Rowoon placed a cup of hot tea in front of him on the island bench in the kitchen. The golden glow of the afternoon sun shone through every window of the mansion, illuminating every corner.

There was a knock at the door, followed by the sound of the doorbell ringing through the house. Rowoon turned to the door and back to Hongjoong with a smile. "Could you please get that? It's probably Mr Kang. Just let him in and lead him to Mr Park's bedroom."

Hongjoong nodded as he slid off his seat and made his way to the front door. Before opening it, he straightened out his clothing and brushed some of the hair out of his face. There was a knock once again and Hongjoong finally opened it. The man on the other side was tall. Not tall as Seonghwa but still tall. He had this cold expression on his face that Hongjoong couldn't make out. He was dressed in a beige coat over a very tight white dress shirt tucked into a pair of blaack trousers. He had long blond hair parted in the middle and finished off with a black beret. There was no doubt in Hongjoong's mind that this guy looked like he was straight out of a webtoon or something.

The man at the door- presumably Kang Yeosang, looked Hongjoong up and down before awkwardly clearing his throat. Hongjoong snapped out his daze and stepped aside, allowing the man to step inside. Yeosang walked into the house and towards the main hall. He bowed politely and said a quick 'hello' to Rowoon who was still in the kitchen, cleaning.

"Mr Kang, good evening." Rowoon asked as he put away the last of the plates.

"Good evening, hyung. Seonghwa's not too busy right now is he?"

"He should be finishing the last of his work for the day. Allow Hongjoong to take you up to him, I'm a bit busy at the moment."

Yeosang then looked over at Hongjoong and once again looked him up and down with that same cold gaze. Hongjoong really had no idea what that man was thinking. He was so unreadable. But then he turned and smiled at Rowoon before finally saying, "I think I'll be alright. I've been here plenty of times to know my way around. Please don't disturb us, we have a lot of important things to discuss." He walked towards the stairs and up towards Seonghwa's room.

The mansion is silent throughout the rest of the evening. And for some reason, Hongjoong was growing impatient. He hadn't seen Seonghwa since breakfast or Mr Kang since he showed up. He didn't know why he was so agitated over it. He felt a light tap on his shoulder and he turned around to meet Rowoon and his signature warm smile. In his hands was a silver tray holding two shot glasses and a bottle of vodka. "Do you mind taking this up to Mr Park's bedroom? He requested a drink."

Hongjoong wavered for a bit, thinking whether or not but ends up choosing to be a good person and help. He takes the tray in his hands and carefully hurries upstairs and down the hall. He stops in front of the door in front of him, shifting on his feet nervously. There was a sudden burst of laughter coming from the other side of the door and Hongjoong froze. More laughter erupted and Hongjoong's chest tightened as he imagined Seonghwa's wide smile as he let out his laughter.

He finally brought his fist up to the door and knocked ever so gently, afraid to damage the fragile wood in any way. The laughter suddenly stopped and Hongjoong heard light shuffling. The door creaked open and in front of him stood a very cold looking Seonghwa. It was as if the laughter he had just heard never happened. Seonghwa cocked an eyebrow at him as he looked Hongjoong up and down.

Hongjoong shifted on his feet once again as he finally managed to say, "Rowoon hyung wanted me to bring this to you."

Seonghwa opened the door and stepped aside, allowing Hongjoong to walk in. Hongjoong wondered why Seonghwa didn't take the tray himself but as his full body came to view Hongjoong realised his hands were occupied, strangely with just a book. Seonghwa just told Hongjoong to leave the tray of drinks on his bedside table and he did as he was told. He was then able to take a proper look at his surroundings. Seonghwa placed himself on his bed, sitting next to the tray Hongjoong just placed down and prepared the two shot glasses after carefully placing his book down. And then there was the reason Hongjoong had felt so agitated all evening. Yeosang laid on Seonghwa's bed, all limbs spread out and taking up as much space as possible.

"Hongjoong." Hongjoong's heart started racing as he heard Seonghwa call his name. He turned around and looked puzzled at the older male on the bed. "Tell Rowoon hyung Yeosang's staying for dinner would ya?"

"Sure, whatever." Hongjoong rolled his eyes as he opened the door and began to walk away.

Hey sorry to cut the chapter so short :(

I was originally gonna write more but I wanted to get something out to you guys quickly so I just cut it here, the next one will probably be long and might take a while so I would appreciate your understanding and patience so I could produce the best work I can. Hope you enjoyed :)