~Chapter Sixteen [Finale]~

Seonghwa finished his international studies class and slowly made his way across campus towards his business studies class. He was confused when he hadn't seen Hongjoong outside the building by the fountain like he always was as he waited for Seonghwa. Seonghwa just shrugged with off with a raised eyebrow, assuming Hongjoong would just be waiting inside. But he was ultimately proved wrong when he stepped inside the dark lecture hall and Hongjoong was nowhere to be seen. He took his usual seat in the back row, avoiding any and all contact with Yeosang on the way up the steps. He waited, watching the doors to the hall as they opened and closed as students began to file in. Even after the lecture had started, he couldn't peel his eyes off the door. He waited. But ultimately it was no point, as the professor has dismissed them and Hongjoong had not yet shown up.

By now, Seonghwa was worried. Something must have happened if he had to skip class. This wasn't like Hongjoong at all. Seonghwa rushed out the doors and searched the entire building. But still no sign of Hongjoong. He worriedly drove himself back home, his phone constantly trying to ring Hongjoong but it went straight to voicemail every time. He was genuinely worried sick. Hongjoong would never ignore his calls.

He speedily drove home, expecting to see Hongjoong sprawled out on the couch, but the house was empty. Hongjoong was nowhere to be seen. Seonghwa sprinted upstairs and threw open the door to Hongjoong's room and he froze. The room was bare and lonely. The bed was left in a mess, Hongjoong's yellow blankets now gone. And all of his little nick-nacks on the desk in the corner were gone. And on the desk, there was an envelope with a note. It read, "thank you for everything." He opened the envelope and stared at a large amount of cash. Seonghwa broke down, tears escaping as he slid down the wall until he hit the floor and brought his knees up to his chest.

Four months. Four months of waiting and crying. Waiting for Hongjoong to walk through those doors and tell him everything would be okay. Seonghwa waited every day, his face stained with dried tears, cheeks flushed red, and eyes swollen. Seonghwa couldn't even pull himself out of bed to go to class. His bedroom door creaked open and a head of blond hair peaked through. "Hyung?" The voice said softly.

"Y-Yeosang?" Seonghwa looked up at the boy as he entered the dark room, wiping the tears from his eyes quickly. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe to check on you because of the fact that you haven't been to classes in four months, haven't answered any of my texts or calls. You're father is furious, won't leave me alone for it. So what the hell has gotten into you?"

Seonghwa felt the bed dip beside him as Yeosang's hand ran through his hand. "What's wrong Seongwha? I've never seen you like this before."

"I-it hurts. It hurts so much." Seonghwa cried, letting the warmth of Yeosang's hand in his hair soothe him.

"Talk to me Hwa." Yeosang's voice was soft and full of concern for his best friend.

"He-H-He left me... H-Hongjoong... H-he-"

"Shh Hwa, it's okay. It's going to be okay. I thought something might've happened when I saw the two of you stopped coming to classes."

"I- ...I don't know what to do. We were gonna do this together, Yeosang. He- he was gonna help me through it." Seongwha broke down even more, tears flowing uncontrollably as he fell into Yeosang's arms, crying into his chest.

"You'll find him... and you'll be with him again," Yeosang said softly as a tear escaped his eye.

Hongjoong rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up in his bed. He had finally managed to get some sleep last night- thanks to the pills Mingi had given him. He was grateful to Wooyoung and San for letting him sleep in their apartment for the last four months. He had sold pretty much all of his belongings for some kind of cash since he paid off his entire life savings to Seonghwa and his dad. He had taken that time off classes to work extra time at the bar but managed to finish his assignments with Mingi's help. When he started living with San and Wooyoung, he had realised that the bar he and Mingi work at was run by San's father.