~Chapter Thirteen~

Hongjoong let himself melt into the kiss, enjoying the feeling of Seonghwa's lips against his. It was foreign. Yet he loved every second of it. Hongjoong eventually pulled away, a sorrowful look in his eyes. "Don't you dare say everything will be over."

"Please come back, Hongjoong. I'm sorry I drove you away." Seonghwa pleaded, his eyes falling onto the floor.

"Seonghwa. I like you. I think I made that pretty clear by kissing you just now. I would come back and be with you in the blink of an eye."

"Then come back-" Seonghwa stepped closer to Hongjoong and took hold of his hands.

"-But I don't want to get in the way of your business. This is your father we're talking about. I can't risk everything being taken away from me. My college tuition. And you." Hongjoong looked up and met Seonghwa's eyes with his own sorrowful ones.

"He won't find out. I'll find a way to end this engagement. Just come back."

Would Hongjoong regret walking through those again? Maybe. But that didn't stop him. He pulled his suitcase through the large wooden doors of the mansion and I was immediately welcomed by streamers and balloons. Rowoon, Moonbyul and Taehyung. The friends he'd made. He missed them so much. As Hongjoong was enveloped by hugs, he noticed Seonghwa leaning against the staircase railing, arms crossed over his chest and a smile spread across his peachy lips. His eyes met Hongjoong's and watched as he pulled away from the hug.

The next morning, Hongjoong felt at home. He devoured his breakfast after Seonghwa told him to join him at the dining table. They shared a quiet conversation. When Seonghwa was't angry, he was really nice and Hongjoong felt a tingle in his chest whenever he smiled at him. The sensation was new and worried him. After breakfast, he was told he had to attend a photoshoot Seonghwa was going to be in for the news reports. After the official statement about the engagement was released, he was bombarded with requests for interviews and photoshoots. And of course, his father made him attend.

Hongjoong sighed as he watched Seonghwa get his makeup and hair done by the stylist. His hair was swept back with a few strands dangling on his forehead. Seonghwa looked back at him through the mirror and smiled. The door flew open and Yeosang stormed in, his beige coat swept by the wind behind him. "Seonghwa, this engagement has to happen." he said as he plopped himself down on the chair next to the said maleand slouches a little.

Seonghwa sighed and waved off his stylist who was still fixing his hair. "Yeosang, I'm sorry. We'll talk more later."

"What's the point? We're here to do an interview about our engagement, remember?" Yeossang ran a hand through his blond hair as the stylist began to work on his makeup. Seonghwa didn't say anything after that, and so the two of them sat in silence as Hongjoong watched from his spot on the couch, Seonghwa sending occasional reaussing smiles through the mirror.

As they took their place on the set, the director called for the two of them to pose in front of the white screen. They begin their photoshoot and Hongjoong would be lying if he said he wasn't a tad jealous by how close the two were. He knew the two were best friends, they were undeniably close. But Hongjoong knew he didn't want that future with Yeosang. And he trusts that. A bit later through the shoot, Mr Park walked in, chin raised high as he walked onto the set, followed by his secretary. Hongjoong approached the older man, bowing deeply with respect.

"Hello sir." He smiled as he lifted his upper body.

"Kim Hongjoong. A word?" Mr Park said before walking off somewhere. Hongjoong looked confusingly at the secretary before quickly rushing off to catch up with the man. They sat down in one of the empty dressing rooms, the atmosphere. "I heard you left the mansion for some time."

"I'm sorry sir, I was going through some stuff and wanted some time alone."

"If so, why did you come back?"

"I...I wasn't ready to say goodbye to this life you've given me."

"You should know your place, Hongjoong. I didn't help you so you could sit around and load off my wealth. I brought you here to show my son how important his position is. If he doesn't do what he's told, he'll end up like you. A nobody. I can have you ripped from that university at any time I please, don't forget that."

"I won't. Thank you sir." Hongjoong bowed in his seat. So this was why he helped him. He was just being used to get to Seonghwa.

When Hongjoong walked back out, the boys were in the middle of the interview. He tried to ignore the way Yeosang's hand was resting on Seonghwa's thigh and Seonghwa smiled at him as he spoke. Hongjoong knew it was all an act. That Seonghwa wanted to run away from it all. But he couldn't help the gnawing at his heart. 

I'm baaackkk. Sorry I took some time off this book. I recently posted an uploading schedule on my page so please check it out to stay informed of when books will be updated. I hope you enjoyed this one was kinda short but I just wanted to get something out to you guys <3