A brother's love.

Y/n sat on her mother's lap while the older woman slowly played with her hair, brushing it and evening it out. Her plump face slowly sinking as sleep slowly crept up on the four year old.

Her mother could feel her weight get heavier and she knew it wasn't a good sign. The woman slowly shook the child and earned a weak little hum from the girl.

"Don't fall asleep just yet." Her mother said stopping. Y/n was too far gone to care. She turned around, wrapped her arms and legs around the woman, nestled her head on the crook of her neck and drifted back to sleep.

"You're not as little as you used to be." The woman said. She slowly got up from the floor, with Y/n still in her arms.

The two made their way out the house. The sudden movement woke Y/n up and a dissatisfied look plastered all over her face. Her mother stood outside and when she saw her husband walk through the gates, a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

Y/n smiled when she saw her father  but he wasn't alone. With him he had a little boy. He looked a bit scared but Y/n couldn't have been more happy to see someone, she thought was her age.

"Well now, who do we have here?" M/n asked looking down at the boy with her usual soft smile. The boy hid behind the taller male and that made Y/n's mother giggle before she turned to her husband.

"Who is this little cutie?"

Her husband's face dropped a bit before he signaled her to go inside. She nodded slowly before she put Y/n down. The woman disappeared inside the house and Y/n's father turned to look at them both.

"Y/n, this is Noritoshi. He's your older brother. Noritoshi this is Y/n. She's your little sister. I expect you both to look out for each other." The man said staring at both of them. He then placed his large hands on top of their heads before he too disappeared into the house to break the news to his clueless wife.

"wanna see my playground?" Y/n asked pointing at the place she spends most of her time in. There were things such as rocks and a few dolls her father bought her. It's also where her mother tries and teaches her how to read.

"sure." The boy said and Y/n grabbed his hand before pulling him to her spot. Y/n handed him all her things and waited for him to have fun with them as the four year old did so many times.

They were in the middle of playing when Y/n's mother came storming outside. Tears clouding her vision as she searched around the yard like a mad woman till she saw them there.

She was well on her way towards them when her husband turned her around and slapped the gravity out of her. The woman fell on the ground, grabbing the attention of the children. Y/n made quick work and ran to her mother with Noritoshi following behind her.

"Mommy!" She shook the woman who had her eyes closed and her bruised face covered by her own hair. Y/n brushed the hair away and her father pulled her away but not after she saw the purple bruises on her own mother's face.

"Y/n, show your brother around. I'll take your mother inside."

The male picked up the smaller woman with ease and went into the house. Y/n sat on her knees, her mind repeating the image of her mother over and over again.

"come on little sister." Noritoshi said holding Y/n's hand and pulling her off the ground . He's also a little too young to understand but he knew after spending only a few minutes with his sister that he never wants to see her sad.

Time skip[12 years later]

"I don't wanna do this anymore."  Y/n said glaring over at her brother who was helping her with her math homework. To say he was a strict tutor would be an understatement. Noritoshi sighed before he closed his books and leaned back on his chair.

"I should go start cooking dinner." Y/n said getting up and leaving.

Since the death of her mother, she's been doing most of everything. Cleaning, cooking and attending school. She goes to a regular highschool which her father disapproved of since he wanted her to go to Kyoto like her brother. After a while, her father came around and allowed her to do so.

Y/n sits on top of the kitchen table when her father walks in. He has a huge grin on his face which to her is not a good sign. The man walks over to his daughter who is now bowing before him.

"good evening father-"

"yes yes. I have news for you my daughter. You are familiar with the Zenin clan, right?"

Y/n can feel it deep inside the pit of her stomach that whatever her father is about to announce will be a hard pill to swallow.

"yes sir."

"well, since you are nothing special, you have no fighting abilities or know nothing about  cursed technique and cursed energy, you'll have to marry into their family."

"what?!" Noritoshi said walking into the kitchen. Y/n was too stunned to speak. She just stood there, hunched over, still bowing to her father like a statue.

Comment
Vote.
Do whatever.
Let me know you're atleast reading this.
<3