I (REWRITE)

I drift off sometimes. Wondering. Was there ever a purpose for me being born into this god forsaken world? I just want to die. I want to die.

I couldn't look anywhere else. So i stared up into the rusty and old ceiling. It looked like it was about to fall apart at any moment which brought comfort to me, as I hated being in this horrid cell and any opening to escape brought me even a little happiness. My neck was bind with a special collar, which annoyingly disabled my quirk.

My cell was actually quite small which didn't bother me all that much. But i was tired of it, tired of being stuck in one spot for more than i like. I heard chattering outside of my cell, it seemed like they were talking about me. About what happened 6 years ago.

6 years ago

I was enjoying a little walk down the streets of Komi, until my mother appeared in-front of me. Her eyes looked swollen and red, perhaps she had been crying. "Mother?" I questioned, confused. She looked at me, tears threatening to cloud her tired eyes once again. "Mother? Is something wrong?" I asked.

I felt something churning in the depths of my stomach. Something wasn't right. She bent down to my height and grabbed my shoulders. Pulling me in for a hug. I was still confused, and a little afraid. I decided to embrace her back. However, i felt a slight sting on the back of my neck and my vision blurred.

That day was a catastrophic event for me. For many people. I lost control for the first time. I ruined... Destroyed, many, many lives.

__________

The guards stopped bickering and y/n heard another voice come into focus. He knew who it was, but he didn't want to talk to him. He shifted to his side and turned away from the door. The cell was being unlocked and the door creaked opened. "y/n." The voice was louder this time. Seeing as he was in the cell with y/n.

"What do you want? Just leave me alone. I'm tired. I don't want to talk. I don't want to think." Y/n said, disturbed by the presence of the other. "Son. When will you move on? When will you accept it? You did what you did, i can't say i'm proud of you. But i want you to know that your mother would not have wanted you rotting in this cell." The man said. His voice was a bit gruff but deep with a sense of authority.

Y/n turned to look at him. His eyes were dim, void of any life. He looked like he was about to crumble to the ground at any moment and nothing would stop him. The man looked worried for his son, although y/n didn't care that he was. "I've received a proposal for you. You are going to be transferred to UA, have a fresh start. Use your quirk for good."

Y/n scoffed, enjoying the fact that his father thought he could 'use his quirk for good.' "And if i decide to not go?" His father turned away from him, hands behind his back. "If you decide to not accept this proposal, you will rot here in this cell for the rest of your life." The man paused. "I'm sure you wouldn't want that." Y/n grit his teeth, ending the conversation.

Y/n hands were secured and cuffed behind his back as he was escorted out of the cell by the two guards that were bickering about him earlier. His quirk was still disabled, giving him almost zero chance to escape. The guards' movement halted as they stopped in front of the main entrance to the prison.

The man who called himself his father was conversing with some strange business men while occasionally pointing towards y/n, which irked him. The conversation between the men seemed to have stopped as his father walked towards him, with the same aura of authority he had before in y/n's cell.

Y/n glared at his father, he didn't like the fact that he stood below him, like a tiny, little ant that could be stepped on at any moment. The man brought his hands towards y/n's neck, grabbing onto the quirk-disabling collar, and carefully unlocking it.

Y/n watched carefully as he was being freed, not entirely free from being a prisoner, but free from that damned collar. At this point, he felt the almost zero percent chance to escape from earlier slightly increased and while he waited for his collar to be removed entirely, he also waited for his father to lower his guard.

The man in question handed the collar to one of the guards as y/n stared at him without a thought in mind. The guard on the left of y/n cried out as y/n kicked him and caused him to lose his balance as y/n saw a chance to escape. His hands were still bound together but he knew some moves that easily knocked some guards in-front of the exit out. He stopped in front of the exit as he turned towards his father, who, for some reason, looked calm and expressionless as ever.

"Damn you all." Y/n's eyes glowed an orangish-yellowish colour as the ground around him started rumbling and the walls started collapsing. Until y/n himself collapsed, feeling nauseous and a slight pain in his neck.

"What... What the fuck did you do to me?!" He gasped as he lay on the floor, feeling numb. His father walked towards him, looking down at him with disappointment. "I already calculated this. We installed a chip inside your neck that would disable your quirk incase you decided to try and escape." Y/n glared at the man, still feeling nauseous and weak from earlier.

"From now on, If you ever use your quirk with bad intentions, I will not hesitate to activate that chip." His father said, walking away and ordering the guards to pick his son up and follow him.

Y/n's vision was still blurred, he occasionally saw black dots threatening the corner of his eyes. He could see well enough to recognise his fathers office, and his father and the same strange men from earlier. They were conversing again, this time probably about what had occurred earlier or his enrolment to UA.

His father spoke louder and addressed his concern about his sons quirk and informed them all of its properties.

"His quirk is based on destruction. When he's about to destroy something, or more than one thing, whether it be an object or a human being..." He breathed in. "His eyes glow and the ground starts to shake." He handed the business men a file. "He was sentenced to life in jail, for manslaughter — homicide. He murdered over 200 innocent lives." Y/n stood with his head hung low. He could never remove this guilt he kept inside him. Never.