Nezu's personal student - 2

Ray had just replied to Nezu's offer and seemed genuinely excited when accepting to be Nezu's personal student. He was suspicious of the sudden and very generous offer but the bear, rat, dog creature was quick to swear he had no hidden motives. He even typed up a contract, specifically detailed their deal including him covering all necessary living requirements like living space, clothes, and food for an unlimited amount of time. Ray was even given the right to change his mind and return to America free of any fines should he ever change his mind. The boy had every right to suspicious and Nezu felt his ears perk in excitement of his future student's intellect as it was now confirmed he had more than just book smarts. No hero of any kind would survive long if they were too trusting or gullible.

   With everything typed out and electronically signed by both parties, Nezu signed off and pulled out some fresh green tea. For once he laughed out of pure happiness instead of malice due to chaos he was forcing his teachers and students to deal with. His malice laugh also had to do with causing chaos but this chaos was going to be more fun than destructive. However, seeing as this was a new laugh, it still put the entire staff on edge. The principal could see many of his employees freezing up or beginning to sweat on the cameras and continued to laugh as he chugs his tea. Soon, he gets back to work and his paws fly across his keyboard as he finalizes Ray's one way plane ticket to Japan from America.

   The harder but more fun part was creating the boy a new identity. Stating that he wants to put his past behind him for the most part, Ray requested Nezu to let him go by the name of Rin meaning severe, cold, or dignified in Japanese. Ray wanted his name to signify all he had gone through as a reminder but also to encourage him to push through it all and make himself into the person he had always wanted to be. He however refused to have a last name as Isabella didn't know her last name either. Nezu spent an hour or so creating the necessary false documents as the hero public safety commission didn't trust him for obvious reasons and would demand to know who the kid is. He stated that the boy was an orphan found as a baby with a short letter explaining his mother could not care for him and that his name was Rin. He used Ray's actual birthday and used Isabella as his mother but listed no last name for her either and no father. He bounced Ray or Rin around in a few orphanages before making him disappear until he recently resurfaced in America taking his class and gaining the mammal's attention.

   The one thing Ray really did keep from his past is his number, 81194. Nezu offered to pay for him to get it removed but Ray wanted to make it something better. Instead, he got a tattoo of a flower similar to the vampiric flower, vida. The petals were blood red like a spider lily but shaped like the vida. The leaves were a dark green and the entire flower had a pitch black outline that slightly covered the numbers on his neck. He used this flower to symbolize that he had escaped death but would never let something like his past happen again. Nezu was proud of the boy and his ability to move on from the trauma and was reminded a bit of himself as he used his traumatic experience as an experiment to take down any organization similar to the ones that harmed him.

(The tattoo looks like this, just with color)

   When news of Nezu taking in a personal student reached the school's ears, gossip spread like wildfire

   When news of Nezu taking in a personal student reached the school's ears, gossip spread like wildfire. Nezu refused to let anyone anything as he lived for the drama so naturally no one knew what the kid looked like or even what their gender was but everyone had at least one thing to say about what they thought of the kid. The students thought he would be just like Nezu; smart, crazy, obsessed with tea, or all the above. The teachers simply feared for their sanity more than ever before as Recovery girl struggled enough to control Nezu alone. Many shivered throughout the discussion and look around for cameras they knew were somewhere but couldn't find. Before long, heroes outside of UA and the hero commission heard of the mystery student and were quick to come up with many theories of their own. To be quite frank, some even feared that the end of the world was already on route. So it is easy to say that meeting the boy in person put many heroes in shock.

   When Ray now officially known as Rin (no last name), he wasn't what they were expecting. While the hero world was gossiping about his personality, no one had stopped to really wonder about his looks. He was slightly taller than most 15 year old boys his age but a scary type of skinny, almost to the point of being unhealthy. His skin was pale, as if he had spent years away from the sun and covered in little scars. His hands especially had many scars and seemed rough from handling who knows what with a few more scars up his arms and around his face. He most likely had a few more scars hidden underneath his clothes as well. But the part that froze many heroes in shock were his eyes. He had dark green eyes, so dark that they nearly blended in with his pupils. But when you looked into them you could tell he had already seen much darkness in the world, something a kid his age should never have had to face. The sadness and fear he tried to hide could be seen in many older and retired heroes after having to answer to many emergencies. The spider lily like tattoo on his neck peeked their interest as well but no one wanted to accidentally trigger anything for the boy. So they just shook their shock away and greeted him kindly before sending him on his way up to Nezu's office.

   They watched as his black hair slightly bounced as he climbed up the stairwell and pondered what such a sad and quiet boy could have done to gain Nezu's interest. He had spoken very few words to any of them and never even mentioned his name. They could also tell how weary he acted toward them all especially Midnight when she tried to act motherly towards him. Aizawa especially worried for his new problem child's saftey and sanity as he would soon be subjected to UA's personal Satan for possibly the next few years. They were all creating various theories in their heads based off of previous experiences with traumatized children they had rescued in previous years but had no true idea of the extend of his terror filled past.

Edited April 5, 2023